cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New Explora software updates

Red Carpet

Re: New Explora software updates

Also finally received L101 this morning! 

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
BoxOffice

I can confirm that the 2A version is 47/2

The 3A updated to 6/2 .

On both decoders the CU sorting problem is resolved 👍

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Showmaxed

Just received the Explora 1 software build 101/2.

I'll continue with some info here as I've seen good effort with this latest software update - besides the order of CU lists looking back to normal, there's a definite fairly large improvement in processing speed (so far).

It appears to me that MC have been taking much longer to stagger this update, so I've got high hopes for it given their care over it, and given its name - it's called "EOS3" which I presume (don't know though) could well mean "Explora Operating System 3".

Also, the coincidental(?) common expression; "101" (as in "Software 101") also suggests some sorted out basics, and there were other clumsy clues seen earlier on re starting to sort some troubling things out...

Explora 2A - believed to be currently receiving 47/2.

Explora 3A - not yet known, last believed to be on 4/2 and should be beyond that now. (EDIT: Since confirmed to be on 6/2 by Jan.)

Showmaxed

Re: New software update(s) - Oct '18 - Feb '19

We believe Explora 1 is now getting 101/2 this week (unconfirmed). It seems to have a fix for the current disruption of the CU lists that are using the "Newest" ordering option.

I'm now probably done with follow-ups re previous issues, not planning to add any more assistance... possibly just until MC learn to service their customers properly, possibly never.

BoxOffice

Another old problem that popped up a few days ago is the Iplate suck on or around 03:00. A reboot fixed it but it broad up the same E32.4 validation in progress pop up I posted a few days ago 

Showmaxed

I'm finding that the entry screen for CU is working most of the time now, but still not always.

Highlighted
Showmaxed

99/2 -

I've got day 9 working a bit on my Explora 1 today.

Who knows why, I doubt an enhancement. More likely related to the EPG not updating day 8 this morning yet again (did I mention it was yet again (did I mention it was yet again...)), and perhaps related to why I got that day-19 reference on the online guide this week (in another thread)...

Anyway, if it's a mistake I would rather lose it than have it possibly add to the pile of issues we have to live with.

Example of it for my use (SBR-type);

Next Thurs. there's Air Crash Investigation S18E7 on 181 @  20:00, and I've been able to find and rather schedule its repeat early the next morning - Friday @   01:10.

(The episode order is in question with this series as well, so could be related to the problem if that is out of whack.)

BTW, recurring MR-type schedules always do appear a day early (day 9) after a reboot, if one is already past for today the broadcast time period itself that they'll be using on that day.

Red Carpet

Quite frequently now when I press the blue DSTV button I get a blank/black screen only - apart from the Live TV block in the upper right hand corner. Two or three subsequent presses of the blue button eventually brings up the screen content.

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Showmaxed

Another incident a few minutes earlier - on another older decoder we believe a recording stopped slightly short of its intended length, still investigating.

So it doesn't appear to be a software issue, just the bl00dy overdone authentication protocols again!

Done here.

BoxOffice

I have also experienced the E48 notice a few times over the past weeks. It never stuck and usually just a flash too quick to read the full script. Most of the  time it pops up when you change channels.