cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New Explora software updates

Red Carpet

Re: New Explora software updates

Don't know if you've noticed Geoff, much of those current wider adjustments appear to be focused around Hi Band channels and their setup. On one older decoder which was rebooting constantly, for a few days I had to use an odd offset local oscillator setting to "fine-tune" it mostly back to normal.

Another thing noticed is original Hi Band test ch. 910 is back on FTA access for the related purpose.

So I'm hoping it's temporary, for that, but expect it will happen again when the future fully Hi Band HOR option is incorporated as well.

Red Carpet

We are not getting any official updates on the 4 tuner decoders. BUT, there are all sorts of things going on in the background at times.

Plenty of old bugs back. I am not even going to list them. Three of them date all the way back to 2015!

They have been working on the power cuts to the LNB problem. Seems someone has finally got thecmessage.

Now only if they will do that properly once and for all, it would be a huge step forward.

At the moment, when the authentication fiddles go on, recordings continue quite happily BUT  linear TV gets interrupted every time. Quite easy to see, because there is a complete signal cut, the buffer clears and then if you are lucky viewing continues. If not then you are forced to change channels and back to unfreeze. If that fails a reboot is required. If recordings are in progress and you want those recordings then no linear TV until the recordings are over.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Red Carpet

@Optimist wrote:

3. Sometime since yesterday my maintenance reboot time appears to have been reset to the default(?) 04:31.

Possibly related - yesterday I had turned Usage Monitoring back on, and told it to then manually submit a report which it did successfully.

No other adjustments made but I had altered the reboot time once or twice yesterday morning (but not to that early time) which is not too unusual for me.

Red Carpet

On 101/2.

Seeing a couple of small returned bugs, which seems to be normal now.

1. The position on a CU page is not being upheld too often again when browsing in "extended-info" mode and then exiting that, but then looking at the extended info and toggling back usually resolves it as in the past.

2. A stray item in the Movies section again  - the series folder "13 Dae" (could be coincidental timing and not a software issue).

3. Sometime since yesterday my maintenance reboot time appears to have been reset to the default(?) 04:31.

Please note that the processor sometimes takes a holiday from activity for about 3 or 4 secs., it's rare but more noticeable again due to length.

My Explora is giving hassles (not software related, probably an age thing) so I'm likely done posting comment at this stage.

Trending

Also finally received L101 this morning! 

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Doin' it 4 Tv

I can confirm that the 2A version is 47/2

The 3A updated to 6/2 .

On both decoders the CU sorting problem is resolved 👍

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Red Carpet

Just received the Explora 1 software build 101/2.

I'll continue with some info here as I've seen good effort with this latest software update - besides the order of CU lists looking back to normal, there's a definite fairly large improvement in processing speed (so far).

It appears to me that MC have been taking much longer to stagger this update, so I've got high hopes for it given their care over it, and given its name - it's called "EOS3" which I presume (don't know though) could well mean "Explora Operating System 3".

Also, the coincidental(?) common expression; "101" (as in "Software 101") also suggests some sorted out basics, and there were other clumsy clues seen earlier on re starting to sort some troubling things out...

Explora 2A - believed to be currently receiving 47/2.

Explora 3A - not yet known, last believed to be on 4/2 and should be beyond that now. (EDIT: Since confirmed to be on 6/2 by Jan.)

Red Carpet

Re: New software update(s) - Oct '18 - Feb '19

We believe Explora 1 is now getting 101/2 this week (unconfirmed). It seems to have a fix for the current disruption of the CU lists that are using the "Newest" ordering option.

I'm now probably done with follow-ups re previous issues, not planning to add any more assistance... possibly just until MC learn to service their customers properly, possibly never.

Highlighted
Doin' it 4 Tv

Another old problem that popped up a few days ago is the Iplate suck on or around 03:00. A reboot fixed it but it broad up the same E32.4 validation in progress pop up I posted a few days ago 

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Red Carpet

I'm finding that the entry screen for CU is working most of the time now, but still not always.