Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New Explora software updates

Showmaxed

Re: New Explora software updates

@Jan-Horn wrote:

This make me suspect that the old authentication bug is back with this version of software.     

It's wider than that, there's been all sorts of issues for the last week on many types of decoders. We just can't be bothered to post about it anymore.

BoxOffice

Elsewhere there are posts regarding decoders freezing up. I have also posted that I am experiencing some freezing on some channels.

I have been monitoring the incidences of freezing and what clouded the issue is that some of the freezing were experienced while watching recorded programs.

Ignoring any freezing incidents on recorded programs I can now say with confidence that the freezing takes place on live TV around 10 minutes before the hour. In addition to that we have also experienced a No Signal Error message at around that time more than a few times. In fact while typing this at exactly 19:50 it popped up on Channel 105.

This make me suspect that the old authentication bug is back with this version of software.     

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Highlighted
BoxOffice

@Jan-Horn wrote:

I notice that both the Explora 2A and 3A received software updates last night L51 and L10 

I noticed this morning that the Explora A3 as now been updated to L14. I do't know when this update came through and with the 2A and 3A  Loader Status not reflecting the date of the last update like the Explora it is not possible to determine. 

i

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Showmaxed

@Thoko_DStv1  , @Grace_DStv1  , @Julia_DStv1  , please pass on this fault to the developers, many thanks.

Explora 1 on in-field build L:101

Hi,

There's an oversight regarding daily maintenance reboots that causes a disruption;

1. If one has a Showmax title paused, and then leaves the room, the maintenance reboot alert goes unseen and proceeds with the reboot. This causes a loss of what was already buffered and still unseen.

2. One presumes the same thing would happen if using the "watch now" option on CU+.

May I suggest that the default should be to self-cancel the reboot under the circumstances, and keep trying to re-alert every x minutes while in this paused streaming state.

Thanks

Showmaxed

A few other experiments didn't work either, I now think you could have got L105 early for monitoring instead or in addition to a f/t version.

They did mention they were testing their new version just 3 weeks ago;

@Thoko_DStv1 wrote:

@Optimist@krugie  We hear you. We have forwarded your dissatisfaction to our development team. They will re-look at this feature for a future release as the current software release is already under test.

So it does seem possibly too early for its release. Then again, why is only the Explora 1 ver. not ready? Or is Jan more alone in getting his updates as well, due to forum involvement??

And there's so few people who post anymore.....

(MC, jump in anytime, don't be shyWink.jpg)

Showmaxed

Thanks. Will have to wait and see then.

Red Carpet

@Optimist wrote:

@krugie wrote:

My Explora 1 received L105 on 10 June.

It's never arrived here, still on L101. @krugie  was that maybe not on an in-field unit?

Else maybe they scrapped it?

No this is on my personal Explora 1.

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Showmaxed

Even a manual download doesn't work.

Maybe it's 'cos this particular Explora isn't on Premium anymore, could some of them be package-specific re delivery?

Anyone else here with Explora 1 who did / didn't get it?

Showmaxed

@krugie wrote:

It's never arrived here, still on L101. @krugie  was that maybe not on an in-field unit?

Else maybe they scrapped it?

Red Carpet

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).