Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New Explora software updates

130 REPLIES 130
BoxOffice

Re: New Explora software updates

Becoming fed up with the lack of CU+ and the constantly freezing of the Explora 2A at around 10 minutes to the hour during the VOD downloads we started using the 3A as our main viewing decoder. We noticed what is obviously a software problem on the 3A

See the screen shots of our recording schedules.

Explora 2A Sched.jpgExplora 2AExplora 3A Sched.jpgExplora 3A

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Trending

My Explora 1 upgraded early Wed morning to L111/2.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
BoxOffice

Noticed this morning that another update were loaded on both the Explora 2A and 3A

Explora 2A Genius L57/2

Explora 3A Genius L16/2

BoxOffice

I got a new update yesterday afternoon  on the Explora 2A it is now on version L55/2

and the 3A is on L14/2

Nominee

Finally got an Explora 1 update this morning, although I am pleased they're giving adequate time for testing now (file creation date was 1 July).

Now on 109/2.

(Disclaimer: I'm not necessarily going to be reporting or confirming further updates.)

BoxOffice

This really starting the irritate me. Apart from  the 2-3 second freezing of video and audio and just to spice things up  sometimes a blank screen with a No Signal message instead of the freezing now there is a new version. A blank screen with the message this channel is not part of your package. Al this like clock work 10 minutes to the hour. 

I really hope MC would stop fiddling around or fix what is wrong. 

Nominee

@Jan-Horn wrote:

This make me suspect that the old authentication bug is back with this version of software.     

It's wider than that, there's been all sorts of issues for the last week on many types of decoders. We just can't be bothered to post about it anymore.

BoxOffice

Elsewhere there are posts regarding decoders freezing up. I have also posted that I am experiencing some freezing on some channels.

I have been monitoring the incidences of freezing and what clouded the issue is that some of the freezing were experienced while watching recorded programs.

Ignoring any freezing incidents on recorded programs I can now say with confidence that the freezing takes place on live TV around 10 minutes before the hour. In addition to that we have also experienced a No Signal Error message at around that time more than a few times. In fact while typing this at exactly 19:50 it popped up on Channel 105.

This make me suspect that the old authentication bug is back with this version of software.     

Highlighted
BoxOffice

@Jan-Horn wrote:

I notice that both the Explora 2A and 3A received software updates last night L51 and L10 

I noticed this morning that the Explora A3 as now been updated to L14. I do't know when this update came through and with the 2A and 3A  Loader Status not reflecting the date of the last update like the Explora it is not possible to determine. 

i

Nominee

@Thoko_DStv1  , @Grace_DStv1  , @Julia_DStv1  , please pass on this fault to the developers, many thanks.

Explora 1 on in-field build L:101

Hi,

There's an oversight regarding daily maintenance reboots that causes a disruption;

1. If one has a Showmax title paused, and then leaves the room, the maintenance reboot alert goes unseen and proceeds with the reboot. This causes a loss of what was already buffered and still unseen.

2. One presumes the same thing would happen if using the "watch now" option on CU+.

May I suggest that the default should be to self-cancel the reboot under the circumstances, and keep trying to re-alert every x minutes while in this paused streaming state.

Thanks