Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New Explora software updates

147 REPLIES 147
Showmaxed

Re: New Explora software update(s)

@  Mods - it turns out that this feature (below) isn't working properly, please let the Showmax development team know. Many thanks.

In my example - we've been watching a lot of the series "Da Vinci's Demons", but it isn't in the Recently Watched section. And as it's only listing 6 items it couldn't have run out of space.

@Stu wrote:

For anyone that doesn't know I think that Showmax has had an update. Once there scroll down a little and you will come across your Recently Watched selection. Not sure how long this has been available because I expected it to be at the top like it is with Catchup so never checked until recently.

Anyway, makes life a lot easier!

Stu
Telenovela

Re: New software update(s) - Oct / Nov '18

For anyone that doesn't know I think that Showmax has had an update. Once there scroll down a little and you will come across your Recently Watched selection. Not sure how long this has been available because I expected it to be at the top like it is with Catchup so never checked until recently.

Anyway, makes life a lot easier!

Trending

Showmax update. Now that sounds promising 

~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~
Stu
Telenovela

Anyone know when the next Explora update is happening. I've been told that it might just have a Showmax update that I'm looking forward to.

Red Carpet

Re: New Explora software updates

I think I am all sorted - thank you very much to @Luke7777 and his kind offer! I have a replacement Explora 1 all linked to my account and it is currently busy doing a software upgrade.

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Showmaxed

Maybe also try leaving it off for an hour or so.

Let me know if you want my spare. (Not using PMs.)

Red Carpet

It seemed to have worked after the format and also still after the 1st reboot - but I now rebooted a 2nd time and the message that my hard drive is corrupt and has to be  formatted is back. Smiley Sad

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Highlighted
Red Carpet

OK thanks! Let me try that...

Showmaxed

Ok, managed to find it quickly...

f-p hdd format.jpg

Nobody should ask how we were able to get all of this  :-p  :-D

Another option - I have a spare Explora 1 for emergency use only, you could have it as long as you replace it with either a 1 or 2A when you find one later.

Red Carpet

@Optimist wrote:

Did you try a front panel reformat as well? Often makes the difference.

If not - Geoff has the details, else I should have time to post or send it to you tonight.

No I haven't - not sure how to do it? Only did the format option from the menus - multiple times already now. I will wait for you or @GeoffD to advise - otherwise @Luke7777 might have an option for me.