Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New Explora software updates

Red Carpet

Re: New software update(s) - Oct '18 - Feb '19

This morning's maint. reboot led to an E06 smartcard error..... :-(

There's been other decoders' authentication reports over the last few days so hopefully not the software, I thought we were well past this type of error now. Hope so MC.

Tired of reporting here alone as well...

Red Carpet

Another old bug that's back and strongly irritating us, but this one reappeared sometime before this update - the PVR Playback Icon sometimes remains on screen until you manipulate it off or do a reboot.

There's others of course, good luck finding them before they drive away more customers...

Red Carpet

99/2 (Report is re major faults only)

1. Processor response time has definitely slowed down further, enough to be a concern.

2. This morning my maintenance reboot failed to occur. Long story short - later monitoring revealed that the manual "reboot now" option message now only stays on screen for 3 or 4 seconds, and if ignored the auto reboot never happens.

Is this yet another old bug resurfacing MC??

Red Carpet

@Jan-Hornmentioned these updates;

"2A Diana 45/2

3A Diana  4/2"

I've now got 99/2 on my Explora 1.

Please note that the nickname "Diana" (all Exploras) won't necessarily only be used for these updates.

Although MC do seem to be using them more as one-for-one type labels these days...

Red Carpet

More terrible programming (coding) efforts found;

Search \ Series \ New Seasons \ TV Guide

1. Search says it's complete, but the total count continues to increase for ages beyond that. (Re reproducing it - I may have moved around the various sections first.)

2. You can't navigate through the list until the search is really completed, it keeps throwing one back to the first entry on page 1 each time the list increases.

Really troubling. Managers need to pass these endless forum reports from everyone right to the top, else this company is heading for disaster. Won't be long before most stop bothering due to lack of progress and ever worsening efforts.

Highlighted
Doin' it 4 Tv

@Optimist 

We have tested this and it is 100% reproducible.  I’ve logged a defect for prioritization to be planned for fixing in upcoming releases.

Red Carpet

Another Showmax s/w bug;

This one has happened to me a few times.

I start watching an episode of a series, then immediately rewind and pause, waiting for some of it to first buffer.

Then I change the Aspect Ratio with the ARC button from Pillarbox to Letterbox (due to the one TV that this is being watched on.)

When the ARC setting disappears off screen, I'm shot back to the entry screen of the series, as if I had exited a couple of steps... but I haven't and the streaming continues as if nothing has happened. Simply exiting further takes me back to the full screen of the paused streamed episode.

Is there maybe a second team developing the Showmax s/w? It seems better in some respects, but much of the recent issues point to this "team", or effort.

(Not available...)

Red Carpet

Re: New software update(s) - Oct / Nov '18

The above "Just Added" method sometimes only works on second attempt for me.

------------------

Getting CU+ to populate my "You're watching" list - tried again with The Americans this morning, it does work if using Watch Now but not if using Download. In my case using SD, and first tried it successfully in the Featured \ New And Returning Shows section.

------------------

Not related to the thread, but maybe useful for those who read and post here (tech minded) - this forum does allow access via a VPN (Virtual Private Network). Great for personal privacy and security, and surprising considering the other geo-blocking MC involves itself with - well done, this one you deserve kudos for MC.

Red Carpet

Possible temp. fix for blank-CU-section bug (BTW, MC don't currently choose to call it a bug) - please would others let us know if this works for them or not.

When you get the "blank" CU section screen, press the blue DStv button (Just Added section).

Wait in that section until the thumbnail pics for Showmax (SM) populate.

Now try returning to the CU section.

If this is doing what it seems to for me, it then shows further confusion between CU and SM software routines.

Also interesting that older software builds couldn't access the Just Added section.

(Not necessarily available for discussion, which is now the norm...)

Red Carpet

Another major mess up with the sw or with the authentication data?

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM