Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New Explora software updates

164 REPLIES 164
BoxOffice

Re: New Explora software update(s)

Yes I can confirm. It happens om the 2A as well and it is very irritating.

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Showmaxed

Explora 1 bug report:

(Please note that this was first noticed quite long ago, so not related to the latest update and I don't know when it first started happening.)

Perhaps other could check if they're experiencing the same.

When selecting an earlier item in the buffer from the i-Plate (today in my case it was the start of a movie that had already started 1 hour and 6 minutes before, on ch. 137), the buffer does not only jump to that far back but instead jumps all the way back to the begining of the 2 hour buffer.

So this now requires manually rewinding or fast-forwarding to the place desired.

I've seen this a few times before, and since first noticed I've never seen it working correctly anymore.

Showmaxed

One of my pet hates MC is a Showmax bug;

Example - after looking through their series section, I move back up and change to the movies section, but when then populating it just displays what's in series again... requires a further toggle to reset itself.

This is rubbish effort MC which suggests much more can topple over, and why many are giving up!!

/done

Trending

South Park, Watchmen, his dark material is on my SM history  

~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~
Showmaxed

It's a strange mix, I think depending on the software discontinuing dates of any decoder - you may also recall that the SD PVRs additionally couldn't allow BO for anyone but Premium users.

@JeanP  - how many items in your SM history - some , all since the update, random? Maybe it's based on what survived tick-wise, and as we all know the SM usage ticks have never worked at all well...

Red Carpet

Yes, I remember now. The SD PVRhad a screen for CU similar to the BO screen. Can't remember ever checking the 4 - tuners as by the time I cut over to them, I was no longer able to access CU anyway.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Trending

Mine explora 1 also shows the Showmax history and the alt thing 

~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~
Showmaxed

They gave the Exploras the SM service quite early on, but I think it would only display anything at all on yours if you were running it (any package) and with PVR & online use enabled.

Explora BO will also work for any package.

However Explora CU is more limited for some - will just display the files with some of the smaller packages, can't actually be accessed and a warning is given (maybe only at this stage?)

But can still be accessed on any package via DStv Now.

The only PVR CU prior to the HD PVRs was what we all had on the SD PVR, and I think that was introduced on it quite early or maybe even in the beginning (it got BO much later).

(BTW, my Explora 1 doesn't show any SM history. Maybe caused by me always buffering SM, who knows.)

Red Carpet

So you guys have a showmax screen on your decoders?  All we have is the BO screen on the 4 tuner decoders. I can't even remember if the older decoders used to have a CU screen ever.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Red Carpet

Interesting find! It is definitely something that is required so hopefully it will happen soon!

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).