cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New Explora software updates

Red Carpet

Re: New software update(s) - Oct '18 - Feb '19

We believe Explora 1 is now getting 101/2 this week (unconfirmed). It seems to have a fix for the current disruption of the CU lists that are using the "Newest" ordering option.

I'm now probably done with follow-ups re previous issues, not planning to add any more assistance... possibly just until MC learn to service their customers properly, possibly never.

Doin' it 4 Tv

Another old problem that popped up a few days ago is the Iplate suck on or around 03:00. A reboot fixed it but it broad up the same E32.4 validation in progress pop up I posted a few days ago 

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Red Carpet

I'm finding that the entry screen for CU is working most of the time now, but still not always.

Red Carpet

99/2 -

I've got day 9 working a bit on my Explora 1 today.

Who knows why, I doubt an enhancement. More likely related to the EPG not updating day 8 this morning yet again (did I mention it was yet again (did I mention it was yet again...)), and perhaps related to why I got that day-19 reference on the online guide this week (in another thread)...

Anyway, if it's a mistake I would rather lose it than have it possibly add to the pile of issues we have to live with.

Example of it for my use (SBR-type);

Next Thurs. there's Air Crash Investigation S18E7 on 181 @  20:00, and I've been able to find and rather schedule its repeat early the next morning - Friday @   01:10.

(The episode order is in question with this series as well, so could be related to the problem if that is out of whack.)

BTW, recurring MR-type schedules always do appear a day early (day 9) after a reboot, if one is already past for today the broadcast time period itself that they'll be using on that day.

BoxOffice

Quite frequently now when I press the blue DSTV button I get a blank/black screen only - apart from the Live TV block in the upper right hand corner. Two or three subsequent presses of the blue button eventually brings up the screen content.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Red Carpet

Another incident a few minutes earlier - on another older decoder we believe a recording stopped slightly short of its intended length, still investigating.

So it doesn't appear to be a software issue, just the bl00dy overdone authentication protocols again!

Done here.

Doin' it 4 Tv

I have also experienced the E48 notice a few times over the past weeks. It never stuck and usually just a flash too quick to read the full script. Most of the  time it pops up when you change channels. 

Red Carpet

That E32 in the pic has been causing people problems for years, yet MC continue to fiddle with it every few months!

As for my experience today, I don't know if it's related to Jan's but what I've just had was an E48 No Signal Notification after exiting a recording that was being watched.

The strength and quality of that channel's signals were then immediately checked and found to be normal.

A toggle to the channel next to it worked fine, and when returning to the "problem" channel it worked fine again.

A few times over the last few days I think I've seen similar messages, but they've previously disappeared too quickly to read with any certainty. This is the first time it was stuck.

What's left to say MC, trouble in too many departments and mostly not getting better. Is there even a point in reporting anything...

Doin' it 4 Tv

Maybe not this software related but this morning when I switched on the TV I was greeted with a validation message. At self help I was greeted with "we are experiencing technical difficulties please try again later". A reboot did not solve anything neither did the remove smart cart trick. Self help by then worked but nothing changed . After the third self help attempt it cleared just to resurface a few minutes later again. Eventually after about 30 minutes it cleared. Funny enough the 3A XV carried on as if nothing was wrong.

Validation.jpg

Trending

Still no official response from MC re the latest sw versions for each decoder model.

Apparently, MC does not want to divulge this info until they have finished with sw updates. ....

That means ---- we are unlikely to ever get an updated list. What is the harm in regularly publishing the sw versions for each decoder as a reference for all of us to use?

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM