Welcome to EXPLORA

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New software update(s) - Oct '18 - Feb '19

Re: New software update(s) - Oct / Nov '18

@Optimist - thanks for the info, checking on this. 

Red Carpet

@Grace_DStv1 wrote:

@Optimist- can you kindly give us more info on "the vanishing CU section" mentioned so we can share with the decoder operations team. 

Hi Grace,

It's the same bug as we've all mentioned before - trying to enter the whole CU section sometimes gives a message instead and is otherwise blank.

I haven't seen it for a few days, but had it again last time I was on the decoder.

@Optimist - can you kindly give us more info on "the vanishing CU section" mentioned so we can share with the decoder operations team. 

Red Carpet

The above is not aimed at any specific grouping of people, but rather at any group who chooses to be narrow minded and self-centred enough to do wider damage in their unfortunate oversights.

The 3A... other threads say it all, another sub-reasonable development focused on negatives such as the worst factors of the economy and security "concerns", lacking too much re potential future growth. So IMO its timing now hardly matters with these software problems concerns.

No other problems experienced on L97, except the vanishing CU section (perhaps less frequently now).

Mars E02 on CU also doesn't trigger a presence in the You're-Watching list.

Red Carpet

97:

1. Moving through the first page of the default movie list, as I arrived at the line of choice the rest of the list went blank.

After about 30 secs. I gave up on it refreshing and used the Return arrow to go to the genre tabs at the top, which action then recovered the list.

2. First experience of this for me, but I think others had similar before - sometime this afternoon a series' scheduling for early Monday morning was automatically moved back to tomorrow night's premiere of it, and that slot is already in use. I was able to move it back manually again.

For MC research - it's the second episode of the 181 series about the Space Shuttle.

This is now too unprofessional, I'm seeing less and less point in continuing to report these disasters.

And now MC launches an Explora 3a????????? With no thread about it as is now usual, some other guy posted that with a link to the Makro ad... anyway, the point is they're quite mad to be launching that whatever it is with the software currently as bad as the old HD PVRs had become.

Sis MC, you've become another example of Africa-style business ruining whatever it gets its hand on.

Red Carpet

97:

The only change noticed so far is an improved page refresh speed in CU. Maybe about 20% better still and almost tolerable now, but I can't understand why it must be visible at all if no changes to the entries are happening at the time.

Red Carpet

Re 95 - possibly related to others losing their schedules;

I had a backup recording set for the T20 cricket on Sat. morning on 202 HD, yesterday morning I found it had vanished from the schedules list.

(The previous build-up program on the same channel remained scheduled.)

The EPG revealed that the program's name had been altered (but times involved stayed the same) - MC need to check why such an action is cancelling a common EBR schedule, and correct!

Doin' it 4 Tv

Yes 2A is still on 43/2

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Red Carpet

Have now received L:97 on Explora 1.....

(Latest heard about re Explora 2A is L:43)

I suppose at least there's strong effort going on.

BoxOffice

@Optimist wrote:

Can anyone get their Mars ep. to show on We're-Watching, CU or CU+, either Explora?

I watched it on CU+ earlier and it is showing under TV Shows You're Watching. (Explora 1)

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).