Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New software update(s) - Oct / Nov '18

BoxOffice

Re: New software update(s) - Oct / Nov '18

@Grace_DStv1 wrote:

@Optimist, first line support team has confirmed that the fix has been implemented for the "You're - Watching" list. The issue should be fixed. 

Nope. Now just tried it with watching Masterchef Australia ep. 28 on CU+ SD  - accessed from the Shows section, downloaded and started watching while downloading, did not populate.

I'm not available further for this either.

BoxOffice

@Grace_DStv1  - just tried starting Mars ep. 2 on CU again, this time it did populate the list.

--------------------

@Cya_DStv1 wrote:

If there are any anomalies with time, do notify us:-)...though we hope there won't be going forward;-)

It's happening again - no CU+ update (on L97) since yesterday 06:00.

Connectivity checker shows no problems.

Not available to discuss further.

BoxOffice

"Fixed" permanently, or only until another unwanted human intervention?

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM

@Optimist, first line support team has confirmed that the fix has been implemented for the "You're - Watching" list. The issue should be fixed. 

@Optimist - noted, we'll share with teams involved. 

Highlighted
BoxOffice

Thanks @Grace_DStv1  . Feedback is something we'll always encourage on this newer forum... though all we're looking for in this case is a fix. And maybe a willingness to check coding better again during development like these things were done in the past.

An update on that - The new season of Shameless (that's on CU itself) did populate the list when watched, so it's still a hit and miss affair re what works and what doesn't.

@Optimist, titles which are not populating in the "You're - Watching" list are being looked into by the first line support team. We will keep you updated on the outcome. 

BoxOffice

This is a nonsense development, it neither was like this before (except straight after a reboot) nor is it acceptable software standards to make a user wait for a refresh or need to manually address that behind the scenes concern. Perhaps 30 years ago, not with today's tech.

Disgraceful. Show this to international colleagues MC, see how they react.

Doin' it 4 Tv

A screen shot ofthe message Catch up.jpg

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S6   Samsung Tab
Doin' it 4 Tv

@GeoffD wrote:

So, IF  the sw is written to be user friendly, instead of a blank screen, surely a message stating that a catalogue update is in progress would be better?

The message could alsay please exit and try again in xx seconds.

That would be the answer, instead of leaving all concerned that the decoder is faulty or that the data has been lost.

I am not sure weather it is the same problem but that is exactly the message I have seen a couple  of times on the Explora 2A. I have also noted that usually happen when I access CU at around 15 minutes before the hour which matches the catalogue update time on the VOD Status. 

It is the same message you get when you try to access CU directly after a reboot.. We are updating,,,,,,

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S6   Samsung Tab