Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No PVR Subscription

47 REPLIES 47
Doin' it 4 Tv

Re: No PVR Subscription and related issues

I think what help minimising recording problems and recording conflicts on our side is that we use the Explora for recording only for programs on Channel 101. All recordings we schedule on any other channel is done on the Pace HD PVR 2P 

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Trending

My last mess up was Thursday too. Let's hope they don't do that again 

--Explora 1 & 2a--
Nominee

@krugie wrote:

I have to add though that I have not had any further failed SBRs - the last ones were last week Thursday.

Likewise, although I'm precluding using SBRs that I can't babysit for now.

Highlighted
Doin' it 4 Tv

Wednesday recordings were the ones that got screwed up for me. Yes since Thursday all recordings were normal. I did not fiddle with any of my schedules just to see what would happen. It seem that MC did fix the scheduling problems that caused the Wednesday failures. I used the 2P as a backup. 

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Trending

@Optimist wrote:

And my recovery recordings behaved as expected (not that I gave the system much control over it - that part was just a backup setup).

Same here. I have to add though that I have not had any further failed SBRs - the last ones were last week Thursday.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Nominee

And my recovery recordings behaved as expected (not that I gave the system much control over it - that part was just a backup setup).

I'm not planning to get more involved.

MC clearly need to give renewed, major attention and priority to their Explora s/w commitments and 4eva stick to that, and hold back with new development pressure, especially for now!

Nominee

New clue;

Starting from ch. 100, move through all channels one at a time (P+ button) and keep an eye on the i-Plate. Allow the video (or non-access report) to be seen before moving on.

Will take patience, I only started seeing initial bug results from about ch. 122.

Use the All Channels bouquet.

Firstly one then sees the i-Plate change to weird times, around 1 or 2 in the morning onwards.

That returns to normal a few channels later, but is seen again every few minutes while moving through the list.

By the time I got to the kids' channels a new bug joined in the fun - the software starts jumping forward multiple channels.

You're welcome, just get it fixed. Not available.

Trending

@Optimist wrote:

So what's the chances that Eskom will create a power failure tonight?...  :-/

Smiley Surprised

Better than average probably!

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Nominee

So what's the chances that Eskom will create a power failure tonight?...  :-/

Trending

👏 👏 

--Explora 1 & 2a--