Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No PVR Subscription

Red Carpet

Re: No PVR Subscription and related issues

@GeoffD wrote:

All based on the belief that WE are their customers!  I have a new theory, we are not the customer anymore, the Advertisers are the only customer MC cares about.

Agreed, and also add the studios that they endlessly try to get discounts from for implementing further practically-ridiculous security.

Red Carpet

@Optimist wrote:

Now add to that the disrespect for scheduling, an often unreliable system clock, messing with technical conventional wisdom with things like transponders and Hi Band, budget shortcuts disposing of important things like essential QA, poor planning and internal communication, management changes that appear disastrous, demands and egos that are obstacles to anything practical, paranoia beyond belief and a policy of not putting your customers first nor keeping them sufficiently informed, and then past events seem like a snowflake compared to the avalanche it seems is now starting...

Pointless saying much more IMO.

All based on the belief that WE are their customers!  I have a new theory, we are not the customer anymore, the Advertisers are the only customer MC cares about.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Red Carpet

Scenario 1.

The schedule is intact and will look for a repeat, find it and re-schedule. BUT IF the ID has changed, then when it is time to record, it will again not find it and fail. 

Should not happen because it should not even try and re-schedule --- the IDs have changed.

Scenario 2. The schedule has updated itself and knows about the new IDs.

it should find and re-schedule the repeat. BUT, when the next authentication check comes along the ID changes again =====  Program not found >>>>

Scenario 3.

You delete the setting start the process again, it re-schedules and finds the repeat

Al okay on the surface ---- until authentication check steps and changes the IDs again --- Program not found.

Scenario 4. You set an MR.

It just works, it records what you want and you are happy!   Man LOL

Scenario 5. You join me and B, and unpack the VCR, and set a good old fashioned TBR and record the program in SD quality. If you don't have one, I have a spare you can use!

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Red Carpet

@JeanP wrote:

I have been discussing these issues with a family member. And it was mentioned maybe they we're hacked 

Anything's possible JP, but IMO the only thing that was hacked is their common sense.

Krugie - I'm using MRs, EBRs (cancelled my SBR), and a video machine. Agreed, way beyond anything reasonable.

And for how many years now have things been "steadily" deteriorating!?! How many warnings have they had from the forum and elsewhere?!

MC, winter is now here.

Trending

@Optimist wrote:

@krugie wrote:

The repeat BETTER record or....

I went as far as setting it up with two chs. on two decoders, so have 5 attempts at getting it right tomorrow morning - if that all fails I'm throwing it all in the bin!

I will do something similar - but I strongly don't believe it should be up to me. What am I paying for? How do i go about claiming back my PVR access fee (at the very least) as I clearly don't have access to full PVR functionality? The very least MC MUST do is some kind of refund or discount in my belief but unfortunately only companies with real customer care would do that.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
BoxOffice

I have been discussing these issues with a family member. And it was mentioned maybe they we're hacked 

--Explora 1 & 2a--
BoxOffice

I wouldn't blame you 

--Explora 1 & 2a--
Red Carpet

@krugie wrote:

The repeat BETTER record or....

I went as far as setting it up with two chs. on two decoders, so have 5 attempts at getting it right tomorrow morning - if that all fails I'm throwing it all in the bin!

Red Carpet

Now add to that the disrespect for scheduling, an often unreliable system clock, messing with technical conventional wisdom with things like transponders and Hi Band, budget shortcuts disposing of important things like essential QA, poor planning and internal communication, management changes that appear disastrous, demands and egos that are obstacles to anything practical, paranoia beyond belief and a policy of not putting your customers first nor keeping them sufficiently informed, and then past events seem like a snowflake compared to the avalanche it seems is now starting...

Pointless saying much more IMO.

Trending

This also clearly demonstrates that they will know exactly what changed and why these issues are occurring. It is shocking (to say the least) that over a week later something this critical has not been resolved yet! I first had issues on Thursday last week already!

EDIT: I can also confirm I had the exact same failure at 23H00 on both my Exploras. And the program is not on CU. The repeat BETTER record or....

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).