cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No PVR Subscription

Red Carpet

Re: No PVR Subscription and related issues

This also clearly demonstrates that they will know exactly what changed and why these issues are occurring. It is shocking (to say the least) that over a week later something this critical has not been resolved yet! I first had issues on Thursday last week already!

EDIT: I can also confirm I had the exact same failure at 23H00 on both my Exploras. And the program is not on CU. The repeat BETTER record or....

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Red Carpet

There you go! More evidence that whatever new security measure has been introduced is tampering with things at the basic level, causing ch IDs to change. MCs new processes have stopped worrying about active processes on decoders. Only their own narrow internal interests matter.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Showmaxed

An interesting failure last night with our one SBR for a series event that started @ 23:05;

My full 10 min. default start safety net setting means it was physically scheduled to start @ around 22:55, which it did.

The resultant recording is part of the start safety net only - it stopped after about 6 minutes.

This clearly shows that the failure occurred between about 23:00 and 23:02, a typical standard authentication adjustment period. I won't say more in the public domain.

As is usually normal for these current incidents, no error reports, no rescheduling.

BoxOffice

Re: No PVR Subscription

They are all once of. Its is the 3 practice session, qualifying and main race for the weekends F1 Grand Prix. The one that went missing was the third practice session on Saturday night. I don't think it is related. Likely that supersport changed something like tweaking the starting time or something. It often happened before. They do fiddle around with the scheduling and that causes the EBR scheduled recordings to disappear. Last weekends USA F1 third practice session did not record at all even though it was still on the schedule at around 14:00 when we left home. 

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Showmaxed

[Previous post deleted - got confused.]

Interesting Jan.

That may help as there's now memory confusion as to if the other example was actually also missing 2 EBRs, or if they were 2 recurring MRs (the other MRs definitely missing were once-offs).

(BTW, the EPG had also been checked and found to be fully populated at the time of the incident.)

BoxOffice

I have 5 EBR's scheduled for the weekend. Of those one disappeared and I rescheduled it this morning when I checked for conflicts and other. These are all on Supersport.  

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Showmaxed

Apparently EBRs had vanished as well, and also returned.

This was all seen when the decoder was first examined a few hours after the (confirmed) maintenance reboot.

For those who don't know;

SBR = Series Based Recordings, records the whole season of a series

EBR = once-off EPG (program guide) Based Recordings

MR (originally called TBR) = Manual Recordings (Time Based Recordings), can be once-off or recurring

Showmaxed

We've got a contact among us with a test(?) Explora 1 (but uses the same L93/2 software), so this may not apply to anyone else, but...

This morning he found that all of his SBR generated Schedule entries had vanished, all that was there were the MRs and reminders.

The season manager with the actual SBRs themselves was fully intact though.

After a reboot it all went back to normal, so no side effects but maybe something to be alert for as well in case we weren't busy enough babysitting.

Doin' it 4 Tv

E13 seems right ?

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Red Carpet

Channel 101 is the channel that is now on open time again up to 19:00.

So how is MC implementing the switch over to open time and its termination?

What I have found is while on open time, one can on the older decoders schedule anything you like, EBRs, SBRs, TBRs. In the open time window and out of it. Schedules set that overlap the termination time, will even start recording but will terminate as soon as the switch over happens. Mostly, such recordings show no content. I will post some screen shots to illustrate.

Nowhere has MC announced the return of open time. 

I would suggest that the sw just can't handle open time anymore.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM