Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No communication from Primary Decoder E143-0

SOLVED
BoxOffice

Re: No communication from Primary Decoder E143-0

BTW, those signal strengths are very low! You are going to have on going connectivity problems unless you can improve the signal strength values to the secondary decoder.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
BoxOffice

@Bussyfamm wrote:

After following up as advised, still having the same issue with my diplexer connected to the back of my explorer 1. Kindly see the screen shot of the settings and the error message received.

Meanwhile I tried to bring the the secondary decoder closer to the primary and the heartbeat was received on the secondary. But what is the point doing EV when the decoders shouldn't be far from each other?Kindly assist if there's any other way out.  

Okay so now that we have elminated any settings issues, we can move on to the next hurdle.

1. Notice that you are on 36B which means you are somewhetre in ROA and not in SA? 
  2. Please comfirm which SLNB is installed The LMX 500 (4 unicable ports and 2 Universal ports) or the LMX 501 (3 unicable ports and 1 universal port).
  3. There is that cable length restriction with the Explora 1 which applies IF you want to make use of the LNB and its cabling for HB.
  4. The only other way around is to install the HB cable the old way, which means removing the diplexer from behind the Explora 1, running the HB cable separately from the RF OUT or RF IN port on the Explora, to the 5 series decoder, and then using the Diplexer behind the 5 series decoder in reverse to allow you to inject the HB signal into the LNB port on the 5 series decoder.
  5. Unfortunately, that means a separate HB cable between the two decoders. What is the distance over which you are trying to do this? Send me a PM if you dont want to place that info in the public domain.
Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Anime

After following up as advised, still having the same issue with my diplexer connected to the back of my explorer 1. Kindly see the screen shot of the settings and the error message received.

Meanwhile I tried to bring the the secondary decoder closer to the primary and the heartbeat was received on the secondary. But what is the point doing EV when the decoders shouldn't be far from each other?Kindly assist if there's any other way out. 

BoxOffice

Okay so SLNB. The Explora 1 connected to Port A on the SLNB (which one?  The LMX 500 or LMX 501)? The diplexer connected the right way around?

The 5 series decoder ONLY works when connected to a Unicable port AND set for unicable/satcr, because it has two tuners and requires to be set to use two userbands NOT used by the Explora.

The Explora is the Primary I presume?  It should be using userbands 0,1,2 with frequencies 1210, 1420, 1680. Connected to port A on the SLNB.

5 series decoder connected to port B. Set its userbands to 3,4 with frequencies 2040, 1006.  The 5 series decoder will not function properly if connected to the universal ports ever.

The diplexer must be connected behind the Explora 1 IF you want to inject the HB signal onto the LNB cabling.

See the first post under the technical info section and the post on how to connect the diplexer as posted by Optimist.

https://community.dstv.com/t5/Installation/Using-the-Aerial-King-diplexer-model-quot-001-M01-017-quo...

https://community.dstv.com/t5/Technical-Info/Technical-info/m-p/1173#M25

Anime

Thanks for your swift response, im having SLNB and the diplexer is installed behind the explora 1 but the 5 series is connected to Universal port of which im always having no signal when connected to Unicable port. Is there any other thing i need to do?

BoxOffice

Cant help you without knowing more about of your install.

What LNB do you have? Where is the diplexer installed? It should be behind the Explora 1.

The 5 series decoder MUST be connected to a unicable port. Therefore you MUST have a SLNB or a 24-1Z switch installed for it to work properly.

Highlighted
Anime

No communication from Primary Decoder E143-0

With my explora1being the primary decoder and 5-series being the secondary decoder with a combiner, i keep getting error E143-0 No communication from primary decoder. All effort has been made to change the cables and even swapped the secondary decoder to new one. Can anyone help to solve this?

Also is it true that both primary and secondary decoder MUST not be 15 meters apart for the secondary decoder to receive HB?