Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No communication from Primary Decoder E143-0

SOLVED
Anime

Re: No communication from Primary Decoder E143-0

Thanks for your support as i almost got frustrated about the whole thing but i tried what you suggested and  really worked for me.

HB cable was installed in the old way, which means removing the diplexer from behind the Explora 1, running the HB cable separately from the RF IN port on the Explora, to the 5 series decoder, and then using the Diplexer behind the 5 series decoder in reverse to allow injection the HB signal into the LNB port on the 5 series decoder. Meanwhile the whole cable was replaced with original Coaxial cable RG6U. Regardless of the distance which 30M from the primary. Now my extraview is ok.

Kindly supply enough details to help you; what is the other decoder, are the two decoders in the same room, what LNB do you have, etc.

View solution in original post

Showmaxed

Best option - call back the installer, he must do what he's been paid for.

Next option - wait for MC to supply basic needed info in stickies form... good luck with that one...

Third option - supply enough detail for us to help you; what is the other decoder, are the two decoders in the same room, what LNB do you have, etc.

Highlighted
New poster

I'm also experiencing the same problem,the installer failed to connect the xtraview,I have the new hd decoder without a smartcard replacing the old one,my question is,where do I connect what on the duplexes?

Red Carpet

When next to the other decoder, how do you route the HB?  Have you made sure the Diplexer is correctly installed?

Could you attach a picture of the diplexer and screens shots of the XV configuration on both decoders please.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Anime

@GeoffD,

Thanks for your effort.

All connection has been checked from LNB to both decoder with the cables being replaced with new ones again. Even the diplexer was placed behind the primary even moved behind secondary, still No communication from primary decoder. unless the secondary decoder is placed beside the primary before it can receive hearthbeat.

Any moment from now i guess im going to dispose these decoders cos this is frustrating.

Red Carpet

Any joints in the cable runs? eliminate those with connectors and barrels. Check on all connectors especially the ones at the LNB. Chnage ports on the SLNB, BUT make sure all the unused ports have terminations on them ( Unicable)  Store the spare terminations on the universal ports -- they don't do any harm and protect the universal ports from the weather.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Red Carpet

6-7 meters should not be a problem. No, the diplexer is normally placed right behind the decoder, BUT there is nothing wrong with you experimenting a bit.

Don't know if anyone has tried to place the diplexer close to the antenna, which might help, at a point protected from the weather and accessible.

Would be very interesting if you do try it and let us know .....  That is what DIY is about --- finding solutions that confound the "experts" .....  Smiley LOL

Anime

@GeoffD; really appreciate you.

The signal strenght is still ok as i can view DSTV 100 and some free air channels very well on the secondary. The major concern is the HB between the two decoder. Im on 36B with installed LMX 500 with the distance 6-7 meters distance between the two decoder. Will be advisable if the diplexer is placed inbetween this distance?

Red Carpet

BTW, those signal strengths are very low! You are going to have on going connectivity problems unless you can improve the signal strength values to the secondary decoder.

Red Carpet

@Bussyfamm wrote:

After following up as advised, still having the same issue with my diplexer connected to the back of my explorer 1. Kindly see the screen shot of the settings and the error message received.

Meanwhile I tried to bring the the secondary decoder closer to the primary and the heartbeat was received on the secondary. But what is the point doing EV when the decoders shouldn't be far from each other?Kindly assist if there's any other way out.  

Okay so now that we have elminated any settings issues, we can move on to the next hurdle.

1. Notice that you are on 36B which means you are somewhetre in ROA and not in SA? 
  2. Please comfirm which SLNB is installed The LMX 500 (4 unicable ports and 2 Universal ports) or the LMX 501 (3 unicable ports and 1 universal port).
  3. There is that cable length restriction with the Explora 1 which applies IF you want to make use of the LNB and its cabling for HB.
  4. The only other way around is to install the HB cable the old way, which means removing the diplexer from behind the Explora 1, running the HB cable separately from the RF OUT or RF IN port on the Explora, to the 5 series decoder, and then using the Diplexer behind the 5 series decoder in reverse to allow you to inject the HB signal into the LNB port on the 5 series decoder.
  5. Unfortunately, that means a separate HB cable between the two decoders. What is the distance over which you are trying to do this? Send me a PM if you dont want to place that info in the public domain.