Did you mean: 
Need help?

Playlist disappear

SOLVED
7 REPLIES
BoxOffice

Re: Playlist disappear

@Optimist wrote:

@krugie  , have you seen that happen since getting L93?

Yes I had it last week again - but it is random - it doesn't happen every time. I have also reported it more than once before.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
BoxOffice

@krugie  , have you seen that happen since getting L93?

Those Playlist folders with only 1 item left should have been fixed ages back - when rebooting then that containing folder itself consistently disappears and just leaves the last episode behind.

Also, if turning off folder-mode and then turning it back on again, then the folder itself doesn't return then either.

So clearly a bug, and I can confirm it was reported.

BoxOffice

I get this occasionally when I delete a recording from my playlist on my Explora 1. Normally it is when I delete an entire folder (or the only remaining item within a folder) - then the item below the folder also disappears. I then do a re-boot and the missing item is back. Irritating indeed but at least it isn't gone permanently.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
BoxOffice

Here is where a second decoder under XV really has value! Just switch to the other decoder and watch that instead 😁

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
BoxOffice

Don't panic when this happens. Especially if there are recordings in progress. Let the recordings complete, then use simple commands to try and unlock the holdup as suggested already. Menu, help commands.

Or just wait for the processor to catch up with the tasks outstanding.

Most often triggered by a service authentication sequence that has not completed.

Last resort, cut the power to the decoder, wait a few minutes and then reboot.

Then you can try a rest to factory defaults without reformatting and see if that clears the memory .

Not reassuring, just reflecting the incredibly bad coding that is so common with MC decoders.

The Explora series was supposed to be free of these hassles. But, until MC stops for reduces their continual fiddlingvwith service authentication, it will continue!

Yes it is really frustrating and should be cleared up by the daily maintenance reboot.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
BoxOffice

Haven't seen this again on Explora 1, although the Playlist can take a nervous few seconds too long to populate now.

I think we used to get out of that stuck blank screen by pressing the Help remote button for entering the menus.

Haven't seen recordings go missing again either.

New poster

This used to be a problem on the explora...There was a fix a long time ago...This weekend I also experienced the same type of issue for the 2nd weekend in a row on the explora 2. I deleted a recording and various recordings dissapeared...Had to watch it on catch up...after a maintenance reboot the recordings were back.

Highlighted
New poster

Playlist disappear

It used to happen occasionally, but now it isan almost daily occurence. We watch a recording and stop it at the end of a program. Want to delete it from the playlist, but... the playlist is gone!

Playlist and the ribbon are still at the top, but no playlist. Cannot exit out of the playlist screen. Switching the decoder off and on doesn't work (although it does get you out of the playlist screen), only solution is to unplug for a few seconds.

Very inconvenient:

* lose buffer contents

* don't want to unplug while a recording is in progress

We have the Explora 2.

MC?