Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Remote Recording

SOLVED
Nominee

Re: Remote Recording

Strange, looks like completely different software. Maybe that's the "other" online guide?

My version's URL is simply:  http://guide.dstv.com/

And this is what I'm seeing, while also not logged on;

online guide - record on explora.jpg

Red Carpet

Here is what I get when not logged on. The same when logged on. https://www.dstv.co.za/guide/

Capture.PNG

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Nominee

3. BTW, there seems to be TWO online guides now, which I still don't understand... not sure anyone does, except @krugie  , seems to relate to the URL (web address) itself. So maybe one works and the other doesn't?

Krugie mentioned other things not working when comparing the two.

Nominee

I haven't used remote recordings and really don't want to experiment as my Explora is used in unusual ways, but here's some more thoughts to add to the browsers possibility;

1. There was a recent problem reported by a few here with their logging into the main dstv.com site (or is that considered dstv.co.za these days... MC make everything confusing...), which I also experienced, even though the dstv connect section was still ok, and some other sections like BO.

Possibly related? (I've no idea if it's even fixed.)

Funny thing is I do see the set a recording icon (on Firefox), it's in the expanded view of any of the guide's program slots (click on the slot), but it's greyed out as I'm still not logged in.

2. Maybe you also need to select which package you're on if not on the default Premium. Although doesn't that auto-adjust if you are logged in??

BoxOffice

I am using MS Edge as well. This is what I have done, It being my first attempt.

I Goggled for Dstv on line guide and clicked on the on line option which took me to the on line site. Loading was instantaneous. Clicked on three parallel bars to open the menu and choose to log on. I could then scroll around and clicking on any scheduled program brings down the pop up shown on my screen shot. 

What I do miss though thinking back on the discussions we had on the old forum is the option to switch to the second decoder. Both are connected to the Internet with remote recording available according to the connectivity checker. 

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Red Carpet

Very good Jan.

I just had a look again and I still don't see the icon. I accessed the guide with MS Edge.

It loads so slowly. It takes ages to load. It only shows me 2 icons. Set a reminder and now streaming, no Record Icon.

I tried in two ways, one with my ID connect and without.

Could you confirm which browser you are using?

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Highlighted
BoxOffice

I actually never tried doing a remote recording and thought I would give it a try. 

Well I can report that the Icon is still there and it is still working  working and is set to start in a few minutes and it shows as scheduled on the decoder.

See my screen shot

scheduled recording.JPG

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Anime

Remote Recording

Thank you for the reply. It is indeed as you say, the icon is no more, and the TV guide more often than not has no content in it.

Will have to wait I guess to see if they ever re-instate the icon.

Thanks for your comments, at least i'm not doing something wrong! Cheers.

Red Carpet

I see the icon to set a remote recording is now not there anymore, only the reminder.  Have no idea, we will have to wait for someone who uses the facility or for MC to comment.

I, however, have found the online guide virtually useless to use. Even now to try and see where the recording icon is, took me about 40 minutes to get the online guide to show on my PC.

Anime

Remote Recording

Thank you for the reply.

I have confirmed my set up is OK and everything is compatable.

My issue is previously if you were in the 'TV Guide' page on the Internet when you clicked on a paricular programme you had the option to schedule a recording - now that option doesnt exist, you are only able to set a 'Reminder' in your Calendar. 

Where else can I schedule a remote recording if not on the 'TV Guide' page? Thanks.