Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Remote Recording

SOLVED
Red Carpet

Re: Remote Recording

Actually, it is the other way around. Over the years, we have seen more and more "interference" from senior management in the basics of the customer management touch points to the point where many really simple things are no longer carried out properly.

Website migration to new platforms and web interfaces has gone on for years and years. Mostly, to the detriment of customers.

Checking and doing a few traceroutes shows that the two ways to get to the guide are on different networks and servers.  There is no apparent link between the two. It is almost as if the dstv.co.za website is a trial version not even ready for beta testing.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Doccie

Thanks for putting the record straight.

Thank you @krugie.....

I find MC very confusing, sometimes things work, sometimes they dont, they make changes without informing their Customers. The Customer Experience is not great, time they employed a senior person in the CX role....

Highlighted
Showmaxed

Glad to help people, although it was actually @krugie  who solved the original mystery... maybe he can remind us what that fiasco was about!

My old PC certainly won't handle the slowness of the new guide if Geoff's can't, and lots of other badly slow sections already which I therefore don't visit. Even the home page has become pathetically slow. Think it must be more of the overdone graphic bling additions.

So, DStv presumed soon to be without a usable guide anywhere beyond the basic and in some cases crippled EPGs, the backbone of MC's services now disintegrating...

Mods - this needs to reach the managers, last hope...

Doccie

Thanks Optimist!

Problem solved....

View solution in original post

Showmaxed

Hell MC, you're a backwards bunch of twits!! Can't you do anything right?????

And besides the new, BAD guide, now having confused people twice in the last couple of weeks, what is this bl00dy ".co.za" nonsense change about now anyway??? More bl00dy psychotic "security", re the location in this case????

And how long until you take away the old "reasonable" (haha, hardly that) online guide then??????

I can't stand these people anymore, such pathetic... can't even find the words to describe it all... BAH !!!!!!!

No wonder most people have left this forum!!

Red Carpet

Yes!  thanks, Optimist --- mystery solved. There are two guides, one almost useless will not load, and definitely a problem, the other one works properly, loads fast and has the icons greyed out regardless of whether logged in or not.

Don't have an Explora so it all makes sense.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Showmaxed

Strange, looks like completely different software. Maybe that's the "other" online guide?

My version's URL is simply:  http://guide.dstv.com/

And this is what I'm seeing, while also not logged on;

online guide - record on explora.jpg

Red Carpet

Here is what I get when not logged on. The same when logged on. https://www.dstv.co.za/guide/

Capture.PNG

Showmaxed

3. BTW, there seems to be TWO online guides now, which I still don't understand... not sure anyone does, except @krugie  , seems to relate to the URL (web address) itself. So maybe one works and the other doesn't?

Krugie mentioned other things not working when comparing the two.

Showmaxed

I haven't used remote recordings and really don't want to experiment as my Explora is used in unusual ways, but here's some more thoughts to add to the browsers possibility;

1. There was a recent problem reported by a few here with their logging into the main dstv.com site (or is that considered dstv.co.za these days... MC make everything confusing...), which I also experienced, even though the dstv connect section was still ok, and some other sections like BO.

Possibly related? (I've no idea if it's even fixed.)

Funny thing is I do see the set a recording icon (on Firefox), it's in the expanded view of any of the guide's program slots (click on the slot), but it's greyed out as I'm still not logged in.

2. Maybe you also need to select which package you're on if not on the default Premium. Although doesn't that auto-adjust if you are logged in??