Did you mean: 
Need help?

Remote Recording

SOLVED
27 REPLIES 27
BoxOffice

Re: Remote Recording

@Luke7777 wrote:

My RR also stopped working again sometime last week. Happens a number of times during the course of a year, and then just starts working again one day.  The DSTV FB warriors keep on asking for screenshots of my setup, connected services, connectivity test, etc.  and then tells me that my RR isn't working because RR has a red X next to it... yes, I know that...  that's why I'm contacting you .... ai ai

.... and it's working again Smiley Happy

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
BoxOffice

Another software update loaded last night on the 3A  it is now version L18/2 and the green tick is back next to RR if that solved the problem? I have not bothered to even see if it made a difference. 

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
BoxOffice

My RR also stopped working again sometime last week. Happens a number of times during the course of a year, and then just starts working again one day.  The DSTV FB warriors keep on asking for screenshots of my setup, connected services, connectivity test, etc.  and then tells me that my RR isn't working because RR has a red X next to it... yes, I know that...  that's why I'm contacting you .... ai ai

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
BoxOffice

@jimb wrote:

Any idea why this site doesnt work anymore?http://guide.dstv.com/

Shortly after I posted my reply on the subject mine stopped working as well. The connectivity checker show a red cross next to remote recordings on both decoders. Using the tablet to set a recording gives a server error message and using the laptop give a cannot connect to the decoder error. Somewhere on the website I found a decoder status checker which show both decoders as not connected to the Internet.

I can use Showmax on both decoders and CU+ on the 3A and still have no access to CO+ on the 2A 😡🤬 Still a lot of fiddling from MC the 3A periodically still show odd channel numbers on both the recording schedules and search results. When this happen it also display a channel 102 ( repeat of channel 101) and a channel 107  

Showmaxed

It seems it's because some people at MC must by appearances be idiots...

See Re: The useless Online Guide - ongoing reports...

If you read a few weeks back in there you'll get all the sick detail.

Doccie

Remote Recording

Any idea why this site doesnt work anymore?http://guide.dstv.com/

Doccie

Remote Recording

Hi Jan-Horn,

Thanks very much for the update, well done!

I did indeed download the new App (you cant update the old app) and all works as you said...

However the functionality of remote tecording via the DSTV Now URL on the PC/Laptop is still missing.

Jim

Highlighted
BoxOffice

When all else fails read the instructions.

For the first time I actually watched a portion of the Explora factorial on channel 197. I like to find out things for myself. The section I  watched were remote recording. Interestingly the whole section dealt with accessing the facility via DStv Now using a cell or tablet. Thought I would give it a try and and setting up a remote recording was very simple and easy. It even gave me a choice of which of my two decoders to do the recording on. 

I presume that accessing DStv now instead of logging onto self help from a laptop or PC will also work. 

Have they setup the two tv guides on different websites to cater for the guide on the Dstv now platform.  

Showmaxed

Thanks Krugie.

Mods, please confirm that this thread is being passed on to senior management, and a response to our concerns would be a fair start.

But I'm not chasing things anymore, MC will try if they choose to, or not.

Red Carpet

Hi guys  - sorry - I was away all weekend.

Yes the mystery of the TWO online guides remain unsolved and I never received any responses. The way it came about was when I was trying to search the content of the "new" guide, only to realise there is no Search function - the Search option searches the website instead which meant ANOTHER way of content discovery has been removed.

I then went to the "older" guide which was still in my browser history and found the search there to still be in place - even though that is the Search that shows each result up to 20 times. Rather useless but still better than the no-search-at-all on the "new" guide!

I truly can't fathom out the logic or thinking behind all of it...

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).