cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Searching using own channel group

Doin' it 4 Tv

Re: Searching using own channel group

@Optimist Fair & valid points, in a perfect world it would be great to engage and elaborate further on collaborations to innovate and dare to offer alternatives. I will dig deeper and try to delve more onto the crux of that feedback, perhaps that can be for publishing.

Red Carpet

Firstly, thanks to @Cya_DStv1  for going to the trouble of getting this feedback for us.

@Cya_DStv1 wrote:

This option was part of the Advanced Options which was removed as per product's decision. One of the reasons for this...

Another of the reasons appears obvious, but @  MC - please correct me if I'm wrong.

It involves MC's usage of My Channels.

I applaud good business decisions, but not those that are too manipulative, especially if at too much cost to customers' service needs. Unfortunately this item, although started with fair intentions, would now appear to be the latter.

General knowledge suggests that MC first wanted to use My Channels to prevent people from getting confused by channels not meant for them. Good idea IMO.

Then came the new wave of economically-triggered decisions with their one-sided approach. I'm convinced this is yet another of them, and it's parallel to other manipulations - not only encourage customers to look beyond their narrow choices, but now force them to do so.

I've always said to MC that their best way to become liked again is to put customers first, but they do the opposite more and more so customers at best only tolerate them...

Done.

Red Carpet

We heard that before, does not make sense to us or change our concerns.

The survey's results are clearly not accurate, maybe that very, very useful old function is just not widely understood. MC need to put common sense over and above any survey segment results.

For instance, if searching for movies now about half the results are African Magic etc. channels related which is about as far removed from my demographic interests (and those of most Forumites) as you can get, and which makes such searches a very, very tedious task !

And I'm sure those that are into such channels would often feel similar about also unfortunately getting the results we favour.

You truly seem to have lost the ability to think clearly MC.

BTW, if the channel group currently selected is made the default then many who aren't familiar with some of MC's strange menus would manage anyway.

Doin' it 4 Tv

This option was part of the Advanced Options which was removed as per product's decision. One of the reasons for this was lack of this feature's use when conducting customer surveys. 

Red Carpet

A lot of complaints about this MC... :-(

Trending

Yes, as mentioned, this has been brought up several times - recently again by myself as well - and there was no response or even acknowledgement from MC.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
BoxOffice

I did mention this a few times  some months ago. As with most things these days it fell on deaf ears.

That was one of the best features the explora had. What's the point of favourite channels group then  

--Explora 1 & 2a--
New poster

Searching using own channel group

One used to be able to seach for 'New Series', 'Movies' or text search in a user-created channel group. Now the searching seems to go through the 'My DSTV Channels' or 'All Channels' (not sure which one). The consequence is that the search takes much longer as it goes through more channels. Can one set the search to a user-defined channel group?