Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Software update / Explora 2

31 REPLIES 31
Doin' it 4 Tv

Re: Software update / Explora 1 and 2A

@JohnP none as yet but we will share deets on dates.

Trending

Any news on this?? 

~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~
Trending

I don't understand why there is a constant need to mess with the few things that are actually working properly. Somehow there is time for that but features/enhancements we ask for take years - if they happen at all - let alone things that need fixing.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Nominee

I'll add my voice to that, what a silly change if it's not a mistake! :-(

Highlighted
Trending

Another thing i really don't like about this update. When you used to go and search for new seasons  of shows you selected your name and it gave you all your personal selected channel new shows.

Now there is no selection, so by default they give you what's new across all channels.  What's the point of personal/favourite channels group if you can't use it. 😱🙈

~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~
Nominee

Very interesting that this thread is stuck since at least this morning on reporting it has had "151 views", yet it clearly has been read at least a few times beyond that. Another bug... or what MC?...

EDIT @11:44 : Now working again.

Trending

Interesting that it's happened before. First time it's happened in our house 

It  seems to be getting so bad that people of the house is seriously considering canceling dstv. The night before used 20gb data to download a few movies on cu+ and after update its gone  So you can imagine the temper here

(PS not a threat 100% honest truth  

~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~
Nominee

I've also seen that in the past on my Explora 1 JP, a few times, but it was way before the s/w update so it seems to instead be a faulty CU system being repaired when it happens.

As for the update itself - never did get it, so they appear to have prevented it reaching anyone else until a fix for the other probs is included. I would think all of us will get that, with higher s/w version numbers.

Why am I posting about this, and also guessing (carefully)? There's otherwise unlikely to be any info that helps make any sense at all.

But it's not my or any other Forumites' job, so good luck with more future confusion.

Trending

Re: Software update / Explora 2

Another update error. On explora 1 & 2 that really annoying the living daylights out of me.

You open cu and everything is (almost) loaded then you go out and and back in and everything is gone with a message saying we're loading all the titles for you, then a while later you open cu again and everything is loaded again BUT it's all on CU+ forward a few hours then it will be on normal cu again. Guess what then the cycle repeats itself again

Happens more frequently on Explora 1 than 2 but it does happen on 2 

What a FUN! WEEKEND I had 😱😠😠😣😣

~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~
Anime

Re: Software update / Explora 2

I use the Theme Search a lot to find interesting shows to watch and that has been removed.  Will make it very difficult to find shows now unless you actually see them advertised or you scroll through each day of every channel...