cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Software update / Explora 2

BoxOffice

Re: Software update / Explora 2

I did a hard reboot and in the past hour the VOD Status show an increase of assets downloaded from 66 to 85, Box Office increased to 5
Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Nominee

Re: Software update / Explora 1 and 2A

And what it did to JP is unforgivable!

Nominee

@Jan-Horn wrote:
It amaises me to see how software get released without prior proper testing. Maybe MC can enlighten us as to what the lastest software "upgrade" intended to acheive or fix

They don't usually share to that degree - we (the public on the whole) tend to be over critical so they unfortunately rather keep quiet.

It may not be untested, but instead necessary to fix a harddrive related glitch - could explain why only some titles are affected. However such bugs shouldn't get into circulation in the first place...

BoxOffice

After reading all the posts I did a quick check and although I did not loose any of my recordings I miss a lot of both CU and CU+ titles. Some titles that were available on CU are now only on CU+. On Boxoffice I only have 4 Titles. The TV Shows You're Watching also dropped the last two titles that were added on Monday It amaises me to see how software get released without prior proper testing. Maybe MC can enlighten us as to what the lastest software "upgrade" intended to acheive or fix
Trending

OK I have now  picked up that the upgrade did not affect my recordings but it has deleted most of my automatically downloaded content. I have only 1 item left on Box Office (which may or may not have downloaded only after the upgrade - and many of my CU titles have disappeared. My most recent M-Net CU title left is Supergirl from 23 July followed by American Housewife from 21 July - so it is completely random what is left and what has disappeared. And  it is possible I have received no downloads since the upgrade - did not have time to look at all channels.

There was a previous upgrade with the same affect - some people lost CU, some lost recordings and others lost both or neither.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Trending

@Jan-Horn wrote:
On my Explora 2A the bottom line on the search option was Advanced Search". Opening that gave the same screen as what "Word Search" now gives. Maybe it were one of the small differences that existed between the Explora1 and 2A that has now been standardised. The "Loader States" screen however still does not give you the time and date of the current update.

The Advanced Search was different from the Word Search (on the Explora 1 at least). Advanced had several lines with different options you can scroll through such as Comedy, Drama etc.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Nominee

@Optimist wrote:

Where has the paper clip attachment option that did later work now gone MC??

My bad for this part, it's still there but is used by clicking on the button called "Browse" below the left bottom corner of the reply window.

Trending

When I press the blue DSTV button, the landing/Just Added screen today shows only 1 Box Office title and 4 CU titles - rest of the spaces are all blank. This is on an Explora not connected to the Internet so CU+ not available.

Nominee

@Jan-Horn wrote:
On my Explora 2A the bottom line on the search option was Advanced Search". Opening that gave the same screen as what "Word Search" now gives. Maybe it were one of the small differences that existed between the Explora1 and 2A that has now been standardised.

Thanks, understood now.

No, it (was) the same on both models.

BoxOffice

On my Explora 2A the bottom line on the search option was Advanced Search". Opening that gave the same screen as what "Word Search" now gives. Maybe it were one of the small differences that existed between the Explora1 and 2A that has now been standardised. The "Loader States" screen however still does not give you the time and date of the current update.