Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Update problems

Doccie

Re: Update problems

& the saga continues.

There has been one error filled recording after the next especially on the horizontal channels like 115 & 194. 

A week ago when @GeoffD suggested looking at the software level, I also checked the signal strength & quality on random channels including 115. On 115 the strength was fine over 90%, the quality was a bit lowish at around about 53%.  Yesterday when I was reading about @Jan-Horn complaints I thought a couple of them sounded like signal quality issues & decided to re-check mine.

Last night the signal readings on the horizontal channels were: signal strength 94%, signal quality 14%-18%. Vertical channels: signal strength 94%, signal quality 36%-40%.  Today signal strength 94%, signal quality 36%-40%. Vertical channels seemed to stay the same.

No wonder it took 3 times to successfully record Chicago P.D off 115 this week.

Before last weeks patching I've had no recording errors due to signal quality problems for a long time (skipping of scenes due to recording errors, pixelation problems, cutting the show up while recording e.g recording 15 mins then recording the 45 mins & just failing to record due to loss of signal).

Showmaxed

I'm not going to get too involved here as others are helping, but here's some info re your latest findings;

@Fourtuner wrote:

I've noticed more problems:

7) Between last Wednesday and Friday 4 recordings failed due to no subscription.  Over random channels when I went to them, only showed black screen.  On Friday afternoon when I started the Explora I was on channel 125 & it had an error message that the channel was blocked.  I checked 115 & other Compact channels & they were alright.  Fox did unblock later on but I suspect it was like that the whole day because an early morning recording failed due to no subscription.  Later a recording on E.TV failed due no subscription...

Over the last few days it's been noticed that MC are messing around with certain transponders, and it sounds like it may be related to these problems.

Signal levels are reported to be a bit lower on them, but otherwise it's largely unnoticeable except on some older decoders when trying to tune in, and perhaps with these types of issues posted here.

The problem comes and goes. Based on past experience the fiddling is likely to finish after a day or two.

@Fourtuner wrote:

8) When pressing the info button the three programs that are shown at the bottom are wrong.  You can be watching in the afternoon but the three programs shown are from the morning.

There are reports of EPG (program guide) errors in a few other threads, so probably a general problem not related to this s/w.

Doccie

I checked the sw & the Explora & it is showing that it is up to date & as far as I can tell everything else looked correct.

I've noticed more problems:

7) Between last Wednesday and Friday 4 recordings failed due to no subscription.  Over random channels when I went to them, only showed black screen.  On Friday afternoon when I started the Explora I was on channel 125 & it had an error message that the channel was blocked.  I checked 115 & other Compact channels & they were alright.  Fox did unblock later on but I suspect it was like that the whole day because an early morning recording failed due to no subscription.  Later a recording on E.TV failed due no subscription.  Saturday we had no power the entire day so I missed all my recordings for that day. Today (Sunday) we didn't watch much live TV nor record so I don't know properly what has happened after the reboot.

8) When pressing the info button the three programs that are shown at the bottom are wrong.  You can be watching in the afternoon but the three programs shown are from the morning.

I 100% believe that the patch has seriously messed up the Explora, it was never perfect but I never had this amount of problems occurring before.

Red Carpet

Okay. sw stands for software level. You would have to check the information screen for the detail.

I presume you are not in a complex? You would need to check or get someone to check that the network settings are correct. If they are then unfortunately, either the decoder or the LNB has a problem.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Doccie

1) It is the first series Explora.  I don't know what sw stands for. 

2) It is connected to the LNB by cabling.  I don't know what type of LNB it is. I don't know if this will be any help but we have had it for about 3 yrs. 

3) We have no other decoders.

4) N/A

Highlighted
Red Carpet

Wow!

A few bits of info please.

1. What model Explora are we talking about and what is the current sw level?

2. How is it connected to the LNB and what type of LNB is it?

3. Are there any other decoders connected to the same LNB?

4. If so, have you mae sure there is no UB conflicts between the two decoders?

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Doccie

Update problems

Over the weekend the Explora updated it managed to bring back nearly every bug that plagues my Explora:

1) For the second time due to an update, my Explora that had been turned off the previous night was on in the morning.

2) The timer that comes on the right hand side of the screen when you fast forward or start a show, won't go away unless you press the info button & return.

3) Fixing conflicts through other airings is near impossible, when trying to select the new timeslot with the record episode option, the confirm box disappears off the screen a split second later.

4) This may have been a coincidence but ever since the update I've been having a lot of recording errors. Either recording 0 or 24 mins of an hour show or transmission issues. 

Also:

5) The schedule menu is still buggy after finally fixing or looking at information of a show lower down on the list, the menu can't keep its place & goes back to the top.

6) I've been waiting months for this to be fixed.  Could somebody please bring back the season info for the season recorded boxes in the playlist menu, so you can see which season you are looking at.