Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Update problems

26 REPLIES 26
BoxOffice

Re: Update problems

Had a palm tree issue with my previous installation. Had my dish moved to the other side of the house, where no tree can ever interfere again Smiley Happy

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
BoxOffice

There may be another solution to the tree problem. If it is a problem to get the neighbour to trim his tree look at the possibility to re-position your dish to avoid the opstical. 

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Red Carpet

So, as we suggested quite a long time ago, your problems have always been signal reception related, poor antenna alignment and a tree on the way. Pity you ignored our advice weeks ago ....

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Doccie

The technicians came on Friday & they have improved the signal quality for horizontal 80% & vertical 90%. The signal stable & picture quality actually has never been better. But they said there is a tree that is interfering but it is a neighbour's tree, so if the signal is stable we prefer not to cross that bridge unless necessary.
BoxOffice

If they can not bring us right, we are ditching this service.

I'm beginning to think that's the only language MC will understand... the pitter-patter of wallets leaving for the other services.... and they will only have themselves to blame

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Doccie

I talked to soon over the weekend & Monday during the morning the service was unusable but later in the afternoon the service was stable enough to watch and record.

But today Tuesday 30th there was successful recordings off Fox at midnight then afterwards at some point the service had become unstable. Both vertical and horizontal are unable to keep the signal for long (showing -1) & both showing single to low teens when there is a signal.

I have been complaining about transmission errors from the beginning of this topic. Before that patch earlier in the month we have had no transmission problems unless it was related to weather & never to this degree.

@Cya_DStv1 you posted that DStv was looking into transmission errors on Thursday. Are there still any issues on DStv side that one should be aware of?

We are going to get a professional in as soon as possible. If they can not bring us right, we are ditching this service.
Doccie

I don't have a smart phone & it has crossed my mind that I might have to call in a technician but I want to give DStv a chance to sort out the problems. I don't want to call a professional out & basically be charged for being told to contact DStv.

I have noticed recording done later in the week have improved. Bull ep 3 done (I think last) Sunday was unwatchable but Bull ep 8 done yesterday had some minor pixelation & was watchable. Same with How to get away with murder off 194 last night, minor pixelation, a small skip due to a recording error nearly at the end but the show was watchable. I'm hoping this improvement continues & doesn't return to last weekends problematic levels.

I also hope that MC even in whatever vague terminology they want to use, will inform the public when these issues have supposed to have been sorted out. So if people like me are still having problems, will then know to call out a technician.
Red Carpet

@GeoffD wrote:

Or it could be because they have been instructed to keep their heads down .....

That is my guess - it happens every time there is a major issue. How do you defend such as mess? But yes, thank you to those that do at least try...

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Red Carpet

Good post, Jan.

That is why I don't use that app at the moment. My phone is an el cheapo, it does not have the sensors needed available.  My nice phone was re-distributed.

PS: Anyone notice how few MC personnel are active on the Community these days?

On a personal level, it might be because they are so ashamed of the organisation they work for.

Or it could be because they have been instructed to keep their heads down .....

Thank you to the few that do stick their necks out and respond to queries we appreciate it. Even if the info is rather thin.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
BoxOffice

maybe no longer available under IOS12