Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Where is the Theme Search?

SOLVED
Anime

Re: Where is the Theme Search?

Thanks for the response.  That is such a pity.  Finding interesting shows that we wouldn't normally see will be that much more difficult now.  

Community Manager

Hi Folks, we have feedback from the team:

Below are our reasons for dropping the theme search and advanced search. The red items in particular are important.

Theme Search and Advanced Searches were dropped as they do not provide a lot of value to the customer and require significant test effort.

Value to the customer was measured by completing customer surveys in 2017 and 2018. It was found that (averages over the 2 years):

-              93% of the respondents are aware of Advanced Search. Of these people, 40% never use the feature and a further 40% use it less than twice a month.

-              95% of the respondents are aware of Theme Search. Of these people, 43% never use the feature and a further 38% use it less than twice a month.

-              Theme Search and Advanced Search are the least used of the menu searches.

Further reasons behind dropping this functionality:

-              The searches operate on a fixed list of genres. As a result, any piece of content which is mapped to a genre outside of the fixed list cannot be found using these searches. This makes the searches ineffective as a content discovery mechanism

-              62% of people using the Advanced Search more than twice a month are using it to search for titles. This functionality is still available using the word search.

Community Manager

Hi Folks, the team is looking into it. As soon as we get feedback, we'll let you know.  

Showmaxed

Advanced Search can (could) do exactly the same function as the Theme Search, just has many more detail options, so if anything can be given back it should be the Advanced Search.

I'm certain as I never got the faulty update so have just examined them closely.

I can't imagine any good reason for removing both of them, surely a mistake or they forgot to replace it with some new parallel development.

@Mods  -  Please can we hear next week if it's possible that the feature(s) will return. TIA

BoxOffice

MC in their wisdom removed a lot of handy features from the search facility with the latest software update. The advanced search option were completely removed which were the main option I used to find what I was looking for. Please MC restore the advanced search option
Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Highlighted
Anime

Where is the Theme Search?

The Theme Search seems to have disappeared!  That was the only way to search for interesting shows on various topics like "biography", "travel" etc.  Now there doesn't seem to be any way to find these other than scrolling through the TV Guide of each channel and who has time for that? Smiley Sad

Tags (1)