Hi Folks, we have feedback from the team:
Below are our reasons for dropping the theme search and advanced search. The red items in particular are important.
Theme Search and Advanced Searches were dropped as they do not provide a lot of value to the customer and require significant test effort.
Value to the customer was measured by completing customer surveys in 2017 and 2018. It was found that (averages over the 2 years):
- 93% of the respondents are aware of Advanced Search. Of these people, 40% never use the feature and a further 40% use it less than twice a month.
- 95% of the respondents are aware of Theme Search. Of these people, 43% never use the feature and a further 38% use it less than twice a month.
- Theme Search and Advanced Search are the least used of the menu searches.
Further reasons behind dropping this functionality:
- The searches operate on a fixed list of genres. As a result, any piece of content which is mapped to a genre outside of the fixed list cannot be found using these searches. This makes the searches ineffective as a content discovery mechanism
- 62% of people using the Advanced Search more than twice a month are using it to search for titles. This functionality is still available using the word search.
Advanced Search can (could) do exactly the same function as the Theme Search, just has many more detail options, so if anything can be given back it should be the Advanced Search.
I'm certain as I never got the faulty update so have just examined them closely.
I can't imagine any good reason for removing both of them, surely a mistake or they forgot to replace it with some new parallel development.
@Mods - Please can we hear next week if it's possible that the feature(s) will return. TIA
Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501 Samsung S9 Samsung Tab
The Theme Search seems to have disappeared! That was the only way to search for interesting shows on various topics like "biography", "travel" etc. Now there doesn't seem to be any way to find these other than scrolling through the TV Guide of each channel and who has time for that?
Solved! Go to Solution.