cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Where is the Theme Search?

SOLVED

Re: Where is the Theme Search?

Hi @Opimist, we will have your suggestion forwarded to the relevant department.~

Red Carpet

Another search engine need, which is quite related to the various chats that's been going on the last few days;

MC please allow for DStv search functions to include Showmax (SM) content.

Trending

I also picked up another issue using the Search (Series A to Z). When you scroll right in the top section to see the DStv Catch Up results and then move down to the genre breakdown, the Sitcoms and Soaps sections both say that no items were found - even though many soaps and sitcoms are shown under the ALL section. Looking at the TV Guide results, those two genres do work though.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Red Carpet

@krugie wrote:

Thanks @Optimist - the A-Z functions does return separate tabs for BO, CU, TV Guide etc but it doesn't allow you to only search one of those - it automatically searches everything and then you can view the results broked down according to the above.

Yes, it was that way before as well. Only the Advanced Search used to allow for just one of those - it presumably made it faster.

Trending

@Optimist wrote:

@krugie wrote:

Did (at least) one of the search functions not have an option so select which channel group you want to search? I was looking for something last night and all options automatically search My DSTV Channels. I will be able to get so much more useful results if I can search only my created channel group. There is a reason some channels are excluded - I don't watch anything on them - so why I am interested in search results from them?

@krugie, I've just examined my still existing Theme and Advanced Search functions - unfortunately not, they never had the function.

(Advanced does (did) allow for selecting sections such as Playlist / CU / BO.)

But it is still on my Movies A-Z and Series A-Z search functions, which is probably what you're remembering.

However, someone posted that that had been removed with the s/w update, I think it was Jan.

It really is needed MC, I've used it often to filter out masses of unwanted results.

Thanks @Optimist - the A-Z functions does return separate tabs for BO, CU, TV Guide etc but it doesn't allow you to only search one of those - it automatically searches everything and then you can view the results broked down according to the above.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Red Carpet

@krugie wrote:

Did (at least) one of the search functions not have an option so select which channel group you want to search? I was looking for something last night and all options automatically search My DSTV Channels. I will be able to get so much more useful results if I can search only my created channel group. There is a reason some channels are excluded - I don't watch anything on them - so why I am interested in search results from them?

@krugie, I've just examined my still existing Theme and Advanced Search functions - unfortunately not, they never had the function.

(Advanced does (did) allow for selecting sections such as Playlist / CU / BO.)

But it is still on my Movies A-Z and Series A-Z search functions, which is probably what you're remembering.

However, someone posted that that had been removed with the s/w update, I think it was Jan.

It really is needed MC, I've used it often to filter out masses of unwanted results.

Highlighted
Trending

Red Carpet

Why has the first post been marked as solved?? It's answered, not solved - there's a difference.

Certainly the OP did not solve his own query in his initial query post. Perhaps the OP himself did it, else this means the Mods have marked it as solved - if so please don't, it can lead to all sorts of misunderstandings. (You can remove the marking.)

Thanks @LaChelle, we appreciate the feedback. Please keep on bringing all tech issues to our attention. 

Doin' it 4 Tv

Lets look at it another way and using the 60% that uses it rather than the 40% that only uses it once or twice a month. Just looking at it differently Multichoice reported a 6 500 000 subscriber base in November 2017 I will have to take a stab at the number owning Exploras but lets use 15% as an educated guess. That mean that around 600 000 subscribers that used the advanced search facility monthly are now without it and not very happy subscribers.
Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab