Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Xtraview requires primary to be switched on

5 REPLIES 5
Red Carpet

Re: Xtraview requires primary to be switched on

You could do a few checks of the configurations on the decoders (XV), as well as which ports are set to receive HB signals and which are set to receive tvLINK signals.

Also, before taking the Primary out of standby, observe the two decoder front panel and see if there is an indication that HB is being received on the secondary and transmitted on the primary.  If that is happening, then the issue is only with the power supply to tvLINKs and active splitters.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

Thanks Geoff. 

Yes, both decoder signals can be viewed on all TV's.  I have also not changed any settings, cabling, etc.  Just frustrating that everything worked fine then these sorts of issues creep in and was wondering if anyone else had noticed this.  Its not a catastrophe.  I was just interested to find out if there was now some setting that had changed due to a software upgrade that I am missing.  I will set the decoders not to go into standby mode.  That will sort the issue out.  Thanks for your responses. 

Red Carpet

How are the remote RF fed TVs getting their signals from the decoders? Can you view both decoders at all remote installations?

Any Active splitters involved?

It is just possible, that during the maintenance reboot, that power is cut to feed tvLINKs and active splitters which is only restored after switching it out of standby?  A bit of a silly move on MCs part but we expect these things these days from them.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Red Carpet

Confirm. There is no advantage at all in placing decoders into Standby. In fact, given MCs 4 times daily authentication process, plus CU and BO downloads that happen all the time in the background plus the maintenance reboots at night, the decoder is switching on and off in the background many many times.

Rather leave permanently on.

In any event, the decoders are supposed to be sending/receiving HB pulses even when on standby so not sure why you would be having these issues?.  How is the HB routed between the decoders? Via an RF cable connection or over the LNB and LNB cabling? Any active splitters involved?

Trending

What happens when you leave them both on permanently - never switching to Standby Mode? There is no real benefit or advantage in switching off - not even from an electricity usage point of view - as they do things in the background all the time.

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
New poster

Xtraview requires primary to be switched on

I have two Explora decoders (the first models that came out), a primary and a secondary.  Both have worked fine for years and the Xtraview has never given any problems.  For the last two weeks or so to get a picture on the TV's connected to the secondary decoder I have to switch the primary decoder on (in the mornings).  I can switch the primary off (into standby) and the picture remains on the secondary.  Anyone have any idea what the problem is?