Welcome to Error Codes

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Box office and catchup give error message that not available in your country or region

SOLVED
Doin' it 4 Tv

Re: Box office and catchup give error message that not available in your country or region

@SAMitchell Next time you have an issue, just PM me and will do my best to get you sorted.

New poster

Re: Box office and catchup give error message that not available in your country or region

Morning all, so I did restore the Decoder back to factory settings and it has worked.

Many thanks for the feedback. 

Hopefully the issue does not return, and I can keep on enjoying the Catch Up and Box Office Services. I am still unimpressed that it took a month to resolve the issue, but such is life. 

Take care and have a good day.

Red Carpet

@Cya_DStv1, sure I do understand the need for companies to keep some things private. Thanks for the feedback you could give.

Doin' it 4 Tv

Indeed @Optimist, just that with certain things, we cannot say hence we would resort to "above the surface" fixes. However as you have said, and also as we can confirm, the issue is being worked on for a more permanent fix.

Doin' it 4 Tv

@SAMitchell Did you in the past report this issue within the month?

Trending

@Cya_DStv1 wrote:

We are afraid that we will advise on steps that can sort out the issue but will lose all scheduled recordings. Try to reset to factory default without formatting and let us know how it goes.

All we are saying is that MC falls back to the reset to factory defaults too quickly as a solution or as a work around when a simple rescan of all networks, a normal reboot or a hard reboot may work just as well to clear up any issues on the decoder.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Red Carpet

We did all find out why a few weeks ago - faulty new Explora software.

How... that's due to the people who run MC not making reasonable business decisions iro the all important customers, these cycles have been repeating for decades.

They are now attending to it urgently.

New poster

Okay, I will try that.

But can you at least let us all know why and how this happened?

Like I said before, I, and I'm sure others on here, have paid full premium for the past month, with standard DSTV service.

Doin' it 4 Tv

We are afraid that we will advise on steps that can sort out the issue but will lose all scheduled recordings. Try to reset to factory default without formatting and let us know how it goes.

New poster

@Cya_DStv1 - Yes DSTV Explora Decoder