Welcome to Error Codes

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Box office and catchup give error message that not available in your country or region

SOLVED
Doin' it 4 Tv

Re: Box office and catchup give error message that not available in your country or region

@SAMitchell Did you in the past report this issue within the month?

Trending

Re: Box office and catchup give error message that not available in your country or region

@Cya_DStv1 wrote:

We are afraid that we will advise on steps that can sort out the issue but will lose all scheduled recordings. Try to reset to factory default without formatting and let us know how it goes.

All we are saying is that MC falls back to the reset to factory defaults too quickly as a solution or as a work around when a simple rescan of all networks, a normal reboot or a hard reboot may work just as well to clear up any issues on the decoder.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Trending

We did all find out why a few weeks ago - faulty new Explora software.

How... that's due to the people who run MC not making reasonable business decisions iro the all important customers, these cycles have been repeating for decades.

They are now attending to it urgently.

New poster

Okay, I will try that.

But can you at least let us all know why and how this happened?

Like I said before, I, and I'm sure others on here, have paid full premium for the past month, with standard DSTV service.

Doin' it 4 Tv

We are afraid that we will advise on steps that can sort out the issue but will lose all scheduled recordings. Try to reset to factory default without formatting and let us know how it goes.

New poster

@Cya_DStv1 - Yes DSTV Explora Decoder

Doin' it 4 Tv

@SAMitchell Please confirm if that is an Explora decoder.

BoxOffice

I agree with @GeoffD - that is just the answer given when they don't really know what to tell you or how to solve a problem. I suspect in many of these cases even a hard reboot might solve the problem - without the loss of any settings or recordings - it worked for me!

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Trending

Well that solution always works! But as you now know, you lose all your customised settings and all existing recordings. A really poor solution at best, especially if the original problem has not been determined. It could be hovering around waiting to resurface again.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

Mine eventually got resolved after I received a call from a very helpful Lungelo Mathela who phoned me from 011 289 2000. Hope this helps.

Bottom line is, my Explora had to be formatted in order to start downlaoding catchup & boxoffice - resulting in all your recorded programmes being deleted.

Good luck.