Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Call centre do not know how to resolve problem

19 REPLIES
Highlighted
Doin' it 4 Tv

Re: Call centre do not know how to resolve problem

The DStv Community is an online forum, created for you to enjoy collaboration with other visitors/peers and to source & share 

This is exactly what is wrong with this forum. It's like you're reading from a script.

Allow the knowledgeable MC staff from the previous forum to participate and assist on this one and you'll have a lot less issues. Palming your customers off to the social media consultants is a cop-out. Why should we have different platforms for different problems ?  Surely if you have the experts 'over there' , they can participate 'over here' .  Maybe they'll enjoy collaborating, source and share with the people on this forum as well... even learn something new, as we do from time to time

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Doin' it 4 Tv

@chrisc PM your ID number, name and surname and contact details so we can have this resolved.

New poster

This is what you told me last Saturday.  
I sent my details to your social media supervisors straight away. 

I stupidly believed that you would do something

No-one has contacted me

You still owe me 2.5 months double-billing from 5 years back

This week I have received 4 SMS reminding me to pay

2 SMS told me to pay by 4th Feb

2 SMS told me to pay by 5th Feb

Do you know in fact what is going on?

Why do you not reply?  Is it a "could not care a stuff" attitude?  Is it a "we are too big to fail" attitude?  Is it simply laziness?

What?   Please do tell me

@chrisc, your frustrations are noted and we'd like to have them resolved. Kindly send through your contact number and one of the social media supervisors will contact you as soon as we receive them.      The DStv Community is an online forum, created for you to enjoy collaboration with other visitors/peers and to source & share 
Doin' it 4 Tv

^^^^ This would not have happened on the old forum. You would've had a Natasha or a Solomon taking ownership and get it *resolved*

It was called Customer Service...  

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
New poster

You are just passing me on to someone else

That is what everybody at MC does.  "Its not my problem, ask someone else"

Does no-one do any actual work there?

@chrisc, we've responded to your PM. 

New poster

Still no reply

Has everyone gone home?

New poster

What a bunch

22 emails

14 phone calls (some lasting over an hour)

8 promises to fix it up

No response.  Given name of operator to whom I spoke.  He/she is never available again

Received email from Mr Herman Horn, he is head of finance, he says and asks what is probem.  Replied to him, no response thereafter

I am unable to speak to him, he does not take phone calls, does not respond to or answer phone calls

Yet I am receiving twice weekly requests to renew for the year

Why should I, this is a one-sided conversation?   There is complete and utter disinterest in the customer, all he has to do is pay up and shut up.  Nothing else is considered

Doin' it 4 Tv

@GeoffD wrote:

On the old forum, we used to be able to raise issues like this and get a response from people like Natasha or MC Solomon, who would be able to confirm if the adjustments were correctly made.

Those were the days ..... 

BoxOffice

If you make any changes to your subscription package at any time other than on the anniversary date, that date becomes your new anniversary date. Any credits you have as a result should have been taken into account automatically. BUT  for you to check that you got the credit would require you to analyse all the transactions on your account, which has always been a challenge. On the old forum, we used to be able to raise issues like this and get a response from people like Natasha or MC Solomon, who would be able to confirm if the adjustments were correctly made.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM