Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Call centre do not know how to resolve problem

New poster

Re: Call centre do not know how to resolve problem

No, no reply at all

I called MC. but we replied, they said.   Yes, a few words but they did not mean anything

I complained (again, for the 5th time) about moving my annual payment date from April to February without any adjustment

The answer I received is "Your account is in order"

This is NOT a reply, and asking me to complete a survey about how satisfied I am is shameful

New poster

I am now receiving replies that answer 1/3 of one question

In 2012, my annual payment date was changed from April to February, so I in effect, lost two months. I queried this for 4 months and gave up, as no-one replied

I brought it up again, when I was asked to complete a surver.   The reply I get regarding this reads, "your accout in now in order"

This is what I mean by a non-answer

Doin' it 4 Tv

@chrisc wrote:

Person no 12 told me that since my dish-enabled DSTV is in Cape Town and my streaming service TV is in Montagu, it will never work

^^^  This just made my day  Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
New poster

Person no 12 told me that since my dish-enabled DSTV is in Cape Town and my streaming service TV is in Montagu, it will never work

I asked how I could receive email, Netflix, web browsing, YouTube with the same web browser at both locations.  He said these are unprotected services

Another told me that my service will not work as I have not attached the devices to my profile on the web.  The next said that the web has nothing to do with DSTV Now.  Yet another said the web has everything to do with DSTV now

I am not the only one who has their service, for which he pays, stopped.  Two friends who live in apartment buildings without a cable from the dish, yet pay the full premium package and depend on streaming to watch DSTV, no longer receive the full service.  One is a personal injury attorney and has little technical knowledge.  He had an installer around who fiddled for 5 or 6 hours in vain, bringing in a brand new TV.  The level of incompetence and disinterest in an apprently well-run company is appalling.   

This lawyer sent a strongly worded letter to the CEO of Naspers.  So far there has been no reply

Trending

MC have this idea that they can use IP addresses to "control" access to services.  They fail to understand, that with mobile devices, the last thing that is static is an IP address. Even for fixed services in fixed locations IP addresses are dynamic and change all the time. 

Even this crazy Lithium forum suffers from the same problem. At some or other stage, you are simply thrown out and have to log in again from scratch.

It is high time MC gets someone in that really know how the Internet works and is familiar with the peculiarities in SA as well.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

Nothing suggested works

I am appalled by the inept responses and obvious guesses by the staff who answer Live Chat, the call centre.
No-one responds to email. 
You are accepting money on false pretences

Since 5th December Live TV does not work on a Samsung Smart TV.  Catchup ok, recordings ok, iPad ok

Everyone wants to blame something, or provide a different excuse

1 -  App out of date

2 -  Internet too slow

3 -  Device faulty

4 - Too many devices loaded

5 - You are speaking to the wrong person

6 - There is no "Connected Services" department

7 - A supervisor is not available

8 - Hold on I will connect you and the call is terminated

9 - I do not know

10 - No-one else has reported a problem

11 - Your account is in arrear

12 - An internal error occurred with your account

13 - We cannot locate an account in your name

14 - You are trying to use a streaming service from a different location (is that not what it is all about?)

I have now phoned 24 times since 5th December and the recorder attached to the phone shows I have spent 405 minutes on the phone, speaking, holding on.  Frequently the phone key selections do not work, I am prompted again and again to enter a customer number, ID number

When I go to delete a device, I see it suddenly appearing 3 times.  Who put these there?  If the app is faulty, fix it.  You work there, do your job for heavens sake.  If I told my customers who had just spent thousands of Rand on something that I could not make it work, I would soon hear from their lawyers

Does NO ONE take responsibility for the service working?  Really?

It all pass the buck to someone else

@chrisc This is not what we want to hear. Please check your 'Private Message' for our response. 

New poster

I am sick to death at having to repeat the same story over and over to different people at MC.  Someone was to put me through to "Connected Services".  I repeated the whole story, then she tells me she is accounts

So I speak to someone else.  She will enquire.  20 mins later I realise I am cut off

The fellow who appended his name to an email is never available and does not return calls.

I drove to N1 City (45 mins each way) and showed them the iPad with the on-screen request to enter a code.  I was unable to connect to the wi-fi in the building, so that was a waste of time.

A few years back, you seemed to get intelligent people to speak to.  The ones today can hardly speak English

Highlighted
Red Carpet

@chrisc  - you're wasting your time bringing major issues here now, the forum passed from business management to customer services but they don't consider this newer forum a proper customer touchpoint and don't even have proper managers present anymore.

New poster

Call centre do not know how to resolve problem

1 - I pay annually, last payment on 2nd Feb 2018 for R9614.  6 times recently message appears "Service suspended" and I am told I am now on monthly?  Why?   Then receive SMS telling me I owe Rxxx.  Why?  Have to spend 30 mins on phone sorting it out.  Wrote an email to customer services and also to Mr Herman Horn.  No response

2 - I have two devices used for streaming, an iPad and a Samsung tablet.   There is no Live TV on either.  
Looking on "Manage Devices", there are 2 devices shown as registered.  You tell me I have exceeded the number of devices that can be registered.  This is clearly nonsense.   Then I am prompted to enter a code.  What code is this?

I phoned the call centre for assistance.  After giving 4 security answers, I am told "I do not know".  Who does?  Anyone?

You are more than willing to accept payments, but when it comes to delivering a satisfactory service, it is a different story

How can it be sorted ONCE AND FOR ALL WITHOUT MESSING ABOUT!!!!

Thank you