Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Channel 115 no signal on HD single view decoders

SOLVED
7 REPLIES 7
Red Carpet

Re: Channel 115 no signal on HD single view decoders

all okay on that front. Probably the tree is the reason. But, it is not nec to place the antenna above the roof, provided you have a clear LOS to the satellite. In fact from a lightning point of view, you are slightly better off with the antenna not being the highest point on your home.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
BoxOffice

@Ferreil wrote:

Luke7777

I have to admit that there is a very large tree close in front of the dish and my FSM does not give the correct signal values as usual. I think I'm going to move the dish to the other side of the house further away from that tree and use the 500mm x 1M wall bracket so the dish can be above the roof. This is the only option left for me. Thank you for your feedback.

Been there, done that.... moved the dish Smiley Happy  Had a palm tree waving its 'arms' in front of my dish Smiley Happy

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Anime

GeoffD

A Smart LNB (2 port) is installed and the HD 4S secondary decoder is installed with diplexer for HB through the LNB.

Thanks

Anime

GeoffD

The primary HD 5S network frequency settings is 2040/3 and 1006/4. The secondary HD 4S is on default 1210/0.

Thanks.

Anime

Luke7777

I have to admit that there is a very large tree close in front of the dish and my FSM does not give the correct signal values as usual. I think I'm going to move the dish to the other side of the house further away from that tree and use the 500mm x 1M wall bracket so the dish can be above the roof. This is the only option left for me. Thank you for your feedback.

Red Carpet

What LNB is installed and how are the decoders connected together for XV.

Sounds like a setting conflict is preventing the switching to an alternative transponder from taking place.

Post a screenshot of the network settings on both decoders please and we will be able to confirm the settings and /or see what the problem is.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
BoxOffice

I think the general consensus will be that your installation is a problem. Strength is fine , but quality should be much , much higher

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Anime

Channel 115 no signal on HD single view decoders

Hi. Getting E48 error on channel 115 (Horizontal) only on both the primary HD 5S and the secondary HD 4S decoders. On channel 115 the signal strength is between 80% and 90% and signal quality between 20% and 40% max. The signal strength and signal quality on other channels (Horizontal) are between 80% and 90% and between 50% and 60% respectively and are working fine. What can be the problem be for channel 115 not showing picture because of the low signal quality? Thank you.