Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

E 48 error on single view decoders

SOLVED
Showmaxed

Re: E 48 error on single view decoders

Please post copies of your pics using the "Browse" button instead (bottom left of the block we do our posting in).

We can't see these until approved, believe it or not... :-/

(Not getting involved in the decoders tech. issues, sorry.)

Doccie

@GeoffD

What a load of #@*&%^&&!

Thought I'd have a 'look see' and maybe take some screen snapshots.

So I went to the Explora and paged through the settings.

Under Home Network it shows all 3 tuners (the single view only shows the 'tuner' for the set 'Decoder Number on the specific SV decoder BTW).

All 3 tuners were 'blue' (not black i.e. 'no signal')

Went into the 'Wizard' hit 'OK' for the deafult Satellite setting "IS20"

Went to 'Quick Setup' and all three 'Decoders' signals were showing as 'Black on white (no signal) ????

Exited the setup (without changing 'Decoder #' and the TV was blank ....

Arrgh!

The 2 SV Decoders were still working.

Went back to Home Network and all tuners were now shown in 'no signal' black on the preliminary 'Home Network' screen ....

Navigated back to 'quick setup'

Tried to chose 'Decoder 3' (whch was what the explora was set to from yesterday) and got an 'Error in setup' message .....

Soooo

Turned off both Single View decoders and tried  the Explora again (which hadn't been powered down).

No joy same nonsense - all 3 tuners were 'no signal'.

Powered down the Explora (both SV decoders still off), restarted it and hey presto, the Decoder worked again (i.e. TV was working) without any changes.

Powered up both SV decoders and they both worked straight away too.

So, as you say, all 3 decoders must be off, turned on in sequence, and individually 'set-up' before turning on the next decoder and doing same.

So, yes, appears to be a software or hardware problem which arise in the wizard when one chooses the Satellite: IS20 and then uses the 'Quick Setup' or Manual Setup' choices if the other decoders are 'on'.

Some pics:SVD #2 Home Network.jpgSV decoder #2 Info Central - note"Decoder Setup Type' is set to 'Decoder 2'SVD #2 Satellite Settings.jpgSV Decoder #2 'Satellite Settings'Explora 2 Satellite Settings.jpgExplora2 'Satellite Settings'

Note that both SV decoders only show 'Tuner #1' signal status although one is set to 'Decoder 1' and the other to 'Decoder 2'

The Explora (set to 'Decoder 3') shows the signal status for 3 tuners . Not sure if 'Tuner #' = 'Decoder #'? Would be interesting to know what this screen looks like if it's just an Explora with no SV decoders - and/or a single LNB.

Very confussing terminology!

Anyway hope this helps others.

Red Carpet

Understand.  Will in the meantime off line prepare something and we can decide how to tackle it when you are ready. See my PM for a direct contact number

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

I'm currently at work, but if you send me all the steps I can then do it when I get home this afternoon.

Thanks

Highlighted
Red Carpet

Okay will fire up my laptop and then we can start.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

Hi @GeoffD

I would really appreciate your help.

I have a 4 port SLNB, the Explora 2A and both my HD decoders are 4U

Red Carpet

Or XV enabled?

Showmaxed

I'm not seeing this "decoder number" in my Explora's Info Central screen - @Nontsiki_DStv1 , I presume it only displays when connected to a SLNB's or 24-1Z Smart Switch's Unicable port?

Red Carpet

Well none of the is correct or true! This latest TOTAL disaster of a software download is responsible for all your problems. The decodersxare NOT faulty, BUT with them setting everything back to defaults you will have to go through a very careful re installation process.

Now we on the forum can help you with this BUT then we need your full attention AND no more calls to MC UNTIL WE TELL YOU TO DO SO. Two different entities CANNOT handle the same fault.

IF you are ready to proceed like that reply accordingly or alternatively take ALL three decoders into MC CT offices so that they can sort it for you or get one of their installers to come and fix it for you.

So, based on the assumption you want us to help, this is what we need:

Which SLNB do you have? SLNB with 6 ports or 4 ports?

Which model decoders? Explora 2A? HD decoders 4U or 4S?

Note that you can NEVER expect the smaller older decoders to ever work IF the Explora is disconnected from the SLNB. So that decoders MUST BE sorted out first and got to work AND then MUST remain connected to the SLNB.

New poster

Hi @Nontsiki_DStv1

I have an Explora 2 and 2 single view HD decoders connected via Extra-View. Since Wednesday morning both my single view decoders showed E48-32 error (no signal).

Phoned DSTV Cape Town twice on Wednesday evening.  The first time the agent said they sent something to my decoders and I must wait for 30min and it will then be fixed. When I phoned the second time the agent tried to change settings with no luck and escalated the call. After the second call both my single view decoders were resetted back to factory settings.

Phoned DSTV Cape Town again on Thursday evening spending more than an hour on the phone with the agent. DSTV asked me to reset my Explora to "Factory Default" and do the setup while the other 2 decoders are unplugged.  We then went to the second decoder with the Explora now unplugged and did the installation wizzard, but when pressing "Scan" I got error message "No Signal". We tried changing the frequency band to "2040" on the 1st single view decoder and to "1006" on the 2nd single view decoder, nothing worked.  While still on the phone with the agent my call was just disconnected.  I then sent a message on DSTV facebook page and was told the only explanation they have is that both my single view decoders could be faulty and that I need to take them in to DSTV to check.