Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Error 16-4

13 REPLIES
Romance

Re: Error 16-4

@Grace_DStv1 wrote:

Remember, this is not another Customer Care platform but rather a home for user-driven-solutions. We will step in from time-to-time but for the most part, this is your platform. Share your solutions with the Community. 

I'd be interested to know just what sort of user-driven solutions it was envisioned would be shared here.  It seems to me that we're very limited we the help that we can offer as most of the time the problems experienced appear to be ones that can only be dealt with by MC/DStv.

And the reality is that as long as the official DStv forum exists, people are going to think that it's a customer care platform.  No amount of posting that it isn't after someone has raised an issue is going to change that.

Red Carpet

The biggest laugh is that you used to show off your breakthrough forum to your overseas colleagues MC, as one of the seniors involved on the old forum used to tell us.

Now you run and hide due to your less than kind new type of decisions (some necessary, many clearly abusive). And have let Lithium mess with your thinking about the realities needed, and they're clearly without the knowledge required to understand and advise.

Truly hope you come right, but not our problem if you don't and if this last properly open door slams shut you only have yourselves to examine re the loss of the very needed feedback.

@Luke7777 wrote:

Don't know why I still post on this topic....

Yep, maybe now close to the time where we all put our money where our mouths are...

Doin' it 4 Tv

So why don't you channel all *your*  content and *your* CU related issues reported here also to your social platforms ?? It has nothing to do with community-driven solutions... You're not consistent in your handling of and participation in this 'community' forum. Apparently it's fine if we can assist you with your 'issues', but not the other way round..

Don't know why I still post on this topic....

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Doin' it 4 Tv

@Grace_DStv1 wrote:

Remember, this is not another Customer Care platform but rather a home for user-driven-solutions. 

Be that as it may Grace there are somethings we as users will never be able to help your customers  with like subscription and account queries and sorting out decoder and xv sett up problems. 

Thiese are the type of queries we are trying to get the social media team involved in on this platform.

I am one of those that do not have a facebook or twitter account. I had a facebook account but deleted it when it kept pestering me for my cell number. I am not one of those that will do something just because some of my friends did it.

I really think it will be of the benefit of MC to get the social media team involved here to sort out those problems and queries that only someone employed by MC can solve. 

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S6   Samsung Tab
Doin' it 4 Tv

@Grace_DStv1 wrote:

When we introduced the new Forum, this is what we shared.

What was shared and what  this forum was promised to be are 2 totally different things. You know that and we know that.  Please don't insult us with the MC default script... Smiley Sad

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Red Carpet

@Grace_DStv1  , I know you're just the messenger here, so thanks for your efforts but please pass back that it's like everything just said was not heard or was ignored...

Again, let me repeat what I just said (and please also read what others said too) which says your answer makes absolutely no sense;

@Optimist wrote:

[...discussed that I won't consider using most other forms of social media...]

There's tons of people like us MC, and we still want and need to interact online! The other options won't do either, one must be able to initiate and respond in proper detail when needed which only these forums offer, and which turns out to be needed fairly often with this company.

This concept that "they'll help each other" - nonsense. Again, I tell you that it's too complex in the details and very few know how and even less on the wider scale involved, and it's not done that way much in this country. Now the local economics make it even less feasible.

An alternative (in transitional combination, or if there's no other current option) - the Mods here pass the queries back and forth on our behalf.

BTW, why were we told that this forum has the same hours as the other social media services, yet we have this low attendance, especially after subscribers' work hours.

When will you wake up and smell the farm MC??

Hi Folks, we hear you and acknowledge your concerns. However, the new Forum works differently from the old one. We have other touch-points like self-service ( www.dstv.co.za ) which can also be utilized to manage accounts and clear errors. 

When we introduced the new Forum, this is what we shared.

The DStv Community is an online forum, created for you to enjoy collaboration with other visitors/peers and to source & share information/solutions. The main objective of the Community is peer-to-peer assistance and we welcome all visitors, both DStv customers and non-DStv customers to join in the engagement. Remember, this is not another Customer Care platform but rather a home for user-driven-solutions. We will step in from time-to-time but for the most part, this is your platform. Share your solutions with the Community. 

Red Carpet

Sadly, I have a facebook account, had to for some admin reason elsewhere years back. But never intentionally used otherwise or since and never will be. Don't have any twitter involvement. I consider these "tools" very damaging to society in too many respects, and it would be a personal pain beyond consideration.

There's tons of people like us MC, and we still want and need to interact online! The other options won't do either, one must be able to initiate and respond in proper detail when needed which only these forums offer, and which turns out to be needed fairly often with this company.

This concept that "they'll help each other" - nonsense. Again, I tell you that it's too complex in the details and very few know how and even less on the wider scale involved, and it's not done that way much in this country. Now the local economics make it even less feasible.

An alternative (in transitional combination, or if there's no other current option) - the Mods here pass the queries back and forth on our behalf.

BTW, why were we told that this forum has the same hours as the other social media services, yet we have this low attendance, especially after subscribers' work hours.

When will you wake up and smell the farm MC??

Trending

That dedicated section exists, but it was locked. 

MC is facing increasing competition. It is time they woke up that part of their strategy to stay in business is to keep existing customers so happy that their focus is never on the competition.

I re-iterate again MC in case you have not seen my previous posts on this subject:

I don't and will never use Facebook. To my regret, I do have a Twitter account but have not used it in years and flatly refuse to make use of any social media platform that the riff-raff of Society has destroyed.

So to keep me as a client when my credit which you refuse to refund me is used up, I want a platform fully under MCs control to be able to online liaise with MC on any operational issues I may have.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Doin' it 4 Tv

@GeoffD wrote:

Good for you! Stick it to them! This is a customer contact point and we all want the support we used to get from MC back on this forum!

Also very easy to fix. All it need is for some of the so called "support team"  to register here and be given moderator privileges. In fact we were promised that they would also attend to problems here at the time this platform was started. After all it does not matter where the problem is posted for them to get involved and for it to be solved. All it need is for them to monitor this platform. it should be easy to setup a dedicated section for this purpose if it is too much trouble to monitor all postings. 

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S6   Samsung Tab