Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Error Code 143-4

4 REPLIES 4
New poster

Re: Error Code 143-4

Thank you again. I will start with this and reply with questions as I go on. 

Trending

@ConradDstv wrote:

Thank you for your reply. 

I am not sure about the SLNB model...I will go check this afternoon.

The 2A is the primary and the 2 Explora 1's the secondary. All 3 are on different bands and frequencies. The user bands are: primary 3-4-2

Secondary 0-1-2

Secondary 5-6-7

Please explain HB connection...I am not sure what you mean by that. 

Here is your first problem.

The Explora 2A does NOT like to share ANY userbands and frequencies with ANY other decoder. So rather change the settings as follows, ONE decoder at a time starting with the Primary decoder.

Assuming you are definitely using a SLNB or a 24-1Z MS.

NB Remember to make sure you use the associated frequencies with each userband. The values are available on the pamphlet that came with the SLNB.  If you dont have it, we will have to try and get them for you.

Set the Primary decoder to use userbands 0,1,2.  This is the safest especially considering that MC is forever doing maintenance reboots and if anything goes wrong with the process, at least the Primary decoder stands the best chance of recovering as it is set to use the defaults.

Then set the first secondary decoder to use 3,4,5 and the last 6,7,8

For XV to work with three decoders, there must be a Heartbeat cable connecting the decoders together.  The old more reliable way for this is from the RF OUT on the Primary to the RF INs on the secondary decoders via a T piece.

If that is NOT the way it was done then, the HB signal is being sent via the SLNB cabling and the SLNB. For this method to work, there HAS TO BE a Diplexer behind each Explora 1 decoder.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

Thank you for your reply. 

I am not sure about the SLNB model...I will go check this afternoon.

The 2A is the primary and the 2 Explora 1's the secondary. All 3 are on different bands and frequencies. The user bands are: primary 3-4-2

Secondary 0-1-2

Secondary 5-6-7

Please explain HB connection...I am not sure what you mean by that. 

Trending

Before we can try and help diagnose what the problem is, we need some more info please. It is just possible that a hidden sw update happened, which may have disturbed some settings on one or more of the decoders.

What type of LNB is installed? (SLNB model LMX 500 or SLNB model 501).

The Explora 2A is set as the Primary with two other decoders as secondary? ( 3 in total)?

Have you verified that ALL the decoders have been set to use different userbands and associated frequencies under the network settings? None of these decoders should share any userbands and associated frequencies.

How is the HB connection implemented? HB via the SLNB cabling or, RF to RF?

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

Error Code 143-4

Hi, 

Error 143-4
For over a month now we getting this error every day! The xtraview on the secondary decoders go offline everyday between 10 & 11am in the morning. No matter what you do the xtraview decoders stay in this error mode until around 5 & 6pm when it switches back on again by itself. The xtraview works perfectly fine right through until the next morning between 10 & 11am. Then it switches off again.

We did changed the primary decoder(Explora to a Explora 2A) and switched the other decoders(both Explora's).

Before this the xtraview worked perfectly fine for 2 years.
WHY?!!!