Need help?

Error code E102-29

SOLVED
10 REPLIES 10
Stu
Telenovela

Re: Error code E102-29

@Dorothykw wrote:

Facing the same problem as well since September and no one at the call centre have no idea of how to solve it. I have called many times. 

Hey, read through this thread, it might help you.

https://community.dstv.com/t5/Error-Codes/Can-t-access-PVR-functions-like-Record-Catch-Up-Shomax-or-...

New poster

Facing the same problem as well since September and no one at the call centre have no idea of how to solve it. I have called many times. 

Stu
Telenovela

@macgear wrote:

There is no problem with payments. MC just said they cannot figure out why the pvr functions were deactivated. That is the answer i got when i Took explora to a walk in centre today. Came home guess what? All 3 decoders now show e16-4 error...so now I totally have no viewing

Make sure that they are reactivated. I know it sounds like something obvious but the people working there sometimes don't have a clue.

Stu
Telenovela

@macgear wrote:

What are the implications if I follow "If you still have no luck after try a decoder reset, including a HDD format"

You lose all data (recorded shows, etc.). 

New poster

What are the implications if I follow "If you still have no luck after try a decoder reset, including a HDD format"

New poster

There is no problem with payments. MC just said they cannot figure out why the pvr functions were deactivated. That is the answer i got when i Took explora to a walk in centre today. Came home guess what? All 3 decoders now show e16-4 error...so now I totally have no viewing

Stu
Telenovela

I'll paste my reply from earlier.

See this thread:

https://community.dstv.com/t5/Error-Codes/Can-t-access-PVR-functions-like-Record-Catch-Up-Shomax-or-...

Have they activated the PVR/Box Office/Showmax function on their end?

Are you paying the extra R95 a month for the service?

I had the same problem and it was fixed after sorting out the above (read through the thread I posted).

If you still have no luck after try a decoder reset, including a HDD format.

New poster

Good day. Reference Dstv e102-29 error case no
44252308-C1. After multiple calls and lots of airtime spent I am seriously considering unsubscribing. Nobody seems able to help. I am paying for a service not delivered.

New poster

Thanks it worked 

Stu
Telenovela

See this thread:

Have they activated the PVR/Box Office/Showmax function on their end?

Are you paying the extra R95 a month for the service?

I had the same problem and it was fixed after sorting out the above (read through the thread I posted).

If you still have no luck after try a decoder reset, including a HDD format.

View solution in original post