Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Errors codes not solved since 13 September 2018

9 REPLIES 9
Nominee

Re: Errors codes not solved since 13 September 2018

I'll have to add this - turns out that my home network settings themselves had been altered by the earlier events, so not a new occurrence in this instance.

An identical decoder was not so altered, so just one of the typical side effects we've seen for decades that should never have been tolerated.

Nominee

No, manually done.

And I'm done with this place, any more privately please.

Red Carpet

Mine are still where they are supposed to be.  Was this after a reboot was triggered?

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Nominee

I'm seeing 11090V as the home transponder again.

These people are seriously out of control, I give up.

Red Carpet

@Optimist wrote:

Geoff is referring to the home transponder being briefly changed from 11594V to 11090V this weekend. Same re the advice given to you?

But that's it from me as this company has become a shocking joke, I prefer to stay out of their regular foul ups now!

I also saw 11594H for a time!  I assumed that setting was just a mistake, because on the next rebooot it was gone again.

But is proves that MC has been fiddling with all sorts of things over the weekend.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Nominee

Geoff is referring to the home transponder being briefly changed from 11594V to 11090V this weekend. Same re the advice given to you?

But that's it from me as this company has become a shocking joke, I prefer to stay out of their regular foul ups now!

Red Carpet

What a circus!  I hope you still have the old decoder that you replaced with  a new one!  Because there is nothing wrong with the hardware.

What on earth is the "signal booster" that was installed? Please give a part number of this mysterious device that is supposed to miraculously FIX configuration errors in the system.

And BTW we would be very intrigued to know who this "accredited installer" is.

There is something going on with the power-bandwidth settings on the transponders. Over the weekend at least two of us observed some really strange fiddling going , even with the "home network" transponder being changed at times. So, it would be very interesting to know which "frequency" you were told to change on the decoder settings.

That error cycling issue affected those of us with older decoders as well.

Mine was E16; E18; E32 and sometimes E48, cyclically displayed, with my secondary decoder throwing in an E102-29 as well.

Really bad news that you ended up forking out R 2000  for a non solution to the problem.

Please also could you tell us which decoders you have. The Explora 2A I assume, plus the 4 series or 5 series HD decoders?

And yes follow the link as posted for a way to really fix the problem.

Telenovela

Highlighted
Nominee

Hi,

Very hard to see the small print in your attachment, but from what I saw it looks like more of the same re a faulty software update made by MC.

Still not sorted out for many others, and it seems this forum is not useful for trying to escalate complaints, probably as there's no senior staff here anymore.

Your best bet is to go back to where you were, or ask the call centre for a supervisor (you will be told they aren't available, but they will "become available" if you insist enough).

Viewer

Errors codes not solved since 13 September 2018