Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Help me to understand device registration and deregistration for DSTV Now

5 REPLIES 5
Nominee

Re: Help me to understand device registration and deregistration for DSTV Now

New related queries - please don't post here, your requests need to be posted in the DStv Now section.

Here's a link: https://community.dstv.com/t5/DStv-Now/bd-p/DStvNow

Hi All. We ave received confirmation from our techies. In order to use a device in a shared manner, you need de-register the device from the account first. Only then we allow second user to stream on the shared device (they can however still login). 

Trending

In theory this is possible. All that you need to do is to de-register the device the last time you use it (before logging out). The issue is that MC allows only a certain number of registrations & de-registrations over a certain period per device.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Highlighted

Hi JFJ. We've engaged our techies regarding your post. We'll provide you with feedback soonest. 

Nominee

Hi,

Wrong section, see the DStv Now section of the forum where you can find tons of threads about this and the help needed.

JFJ
New poster

Help me to understand device registration and deregistration for DSTV Now

Hi all - Friends of ours have a holiday home in which we are staying at the moment. They have an Android MyGica ATV329X TV box which the retailer assured them would allow visiting friends to stream DSTV Now using their own (the visitors) individual DSTV / DSTV Now subscriptions. We tried to log in with our details, we got a message that the device is not Google Certified. We are trying to sort that out now with the retailer who is insisting that it is something that Multichoice have changed recently to prevent the use of such TV boxes, sort of to "block" the use of them. However I can see on the MyGica website that this model was never certified for DSTV Now. I am suggesting that they get a Google Certified TV Box (Xiaome Mi S 4K). Before I can take this further with the retailer, I need to understand how DSTV Now streaming operates. If there is one device in a fixed place (the Android TV box) and different visitors to that house want to sign in with their own DSTV Now login details. Is this possible? In the past we just used to bring our own decoder down, but the DSTV Now option is so much more convenient, especially when flying. Can multiple accounts login to the same device?