Welcome to Error Codes

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Secondary decoder freezing when watching two different channels in an extra-view setup

SOLVED
Highlighted

Secondary decoder freezing when watching two different channels in an extra-view setup

Hi there,

I am not technical and I have an issue with our extraview setup, when trying to watch two diffferent channels at the same time, the secondary decoder starts freezing, everything i fine when watching the same channel at the same time. We have a smart LNB and the decoders have seperate connections to the LNB, we have tried rebooting, rescanning, removing the smartcards without success, please help if anyone has ever experienced this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Secondary decoder freezing when watching two different channels in an extra-view setup

I changed the frequenced exactly how you advised and It worked perfectly fine, thanks for you professional help.

8 REPLIES
New poster

Re: Secondary decoder freezing when watching two different channels in an extra-view setup

what decoders are you using before we start giving possible solutions

Hi,

Thanks for responding, its the Explora1 and a HD PVR P2.

Action

Not enough info. Did you read my response to your other post? really no point in creating three threads for the same problem.

Are the two decoders connected to Unicable ports on the SLNB? If so thenm the problem is because you have not set the network settings correctly.

The Explora 1 uses user bandfs 0,1,2. The HD PVR must then be set to use userbands 3,4. The frequencies for user bands are:

0: 1210; 1: 1420; 2: 1680; 3: 2040; 4: 1006.

This is assuming you have SLNB model LMX 501 installed, the one with 3 Unicable ports A,B,C and one Universal port 1.

New poster

on th HD PVR make sure u have selected SatCR on the Lnb type (you find this on the installation menu)

Yes I responded to your first advise, its the Explora1 and a HD PVR P2.

The decoders are conncted to two  seperate unicable ports on the SLNB,

I will pay around with the frequencies like you advise then I will let you know the outcome tomorrow.If there is anything else that you may think of, you can just reply otherwise thanks for your help so far.

Tags (0)

I changed the frequenced exactly how you advised and It worked perfectly fine, thanks for you professional help.

Action

There is no installation menu on the HD PVR 2P.

Press menu, Advanced Options, Network setup, line 3, LNB type/Mode and change it to SATCR/SATCR Universal. Select the one that works best on your decoder. Then Press the white edit button on the remote. A secondary screen will appear, giving you the option to change the default user bands for tuners 1 and 2. Change to 3: 2040; 4: 1006, and save.

See attached picture of what the secondary screen looks like.

Thanks for responding, I already got help from someone, all sorted now