Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

DStv Mobile

20 REPLIES 20
Extra

Re: DStv Mobile

Good day, when and how are we getting the Walka vouchers?

Trending

I would have thought the crucial issue is to ensure ALL active devices are cancelled and removed off the records. Surely MC wants to clean up its records?

Then for customers, it becomes important that stop orders are cancelled if these are active

Just another disastrous example of how badly MC handles anything! Our local Agency was no better this month. Granted they are moving and did not want to sit with stuff but still no one in their operation knew what to do with mobile devices either.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Romance

@Cya_DStv1 wrote:

@Citanul  Was the Walka active and were you making monthly subs of R49 for it?

It was active, but I wasn't paying anything for it each month as I'm on Premium.

Doin' it 4 Tv

@Citanul  Was the Walka active and were you making monthly subs of R49 for it?

Romance

They really need to improve the process around handing in soon to be obsolete Walkas.

From https://www.dstv.com/en-za/news/dstv-mobile-service-coming-to-an-end-20180919

Recycling your device:

We have recycling bins available at our branches in Randburg, Durban and Cape Town where you can drop off your device to recycle. You can also drop it off at any of our DStv agencies or recycle it through your local recycling centre.

So I went along to the Cape Town service centre, and instead of being told about a recycling bin, I got directed to a counter.  The woman at the counter consulted with her superior, then did who knows what on her computer and told me that someone from the account team would be in touch with me about a voucher (which I didn't think I qualified for because I don't have insurance on my Walka) and then said that they're not taking in old Walkas.  I protested, so she went to consult a superior again and came back to tell me that they're only accepting Walkas with insurance, so they wouldn't take mine.

I was on the point of just leaving it there and walking out when she said that there was a recycling container outside.  So why wasn't I told that in the first place instead of going through the whole rigmarole?

The container is only marked on the side visible as you come out of the building, which is why I didn't notice it on my way in, otherwise I would have just dropped the Walka in there instead of going inside, as that's all I wanted to do. If I have to fill in a customer satisfaction survey then I'm giving the lowest possible rating.

Highlighted
New poster

List of available products to use the voucher on:

https://www.takealot.com/all?dcat=dstv-mobile-campaign

Doin' it 4 Tv

Ja , saw that too .... was just funning around Smiley Happy

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
BoxOffice

@Luke7777 wrote:

/off to quickly go and insure his Drifta Smiley Very Happy

From another post it seems the voucher can only be used for certain items - so probably not worth the effort. Man LOL

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Doin' it 4 Tv

@ltshizane_DStv1 wrote:

Hi @Luke777, the offer applies to customers who pay R49 per month for the service or who get the service included as part of their DStv Premium subscription NB. the device needs to be insured for the latter.~ 

/off to quickly go and insure his Drifta Smiley Very Happy

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Trending

@ltshizane_DStv1 wrote:

Hi @Luke777, the offer applies to customers who pay R49 per month for the service or who get the service included as part of their DStv Premium subscription NB. the device needs to be insured for the latter.~ 

Is there a complete MC announcement providing all the details of this offer available? There is quite a lot of confusing info doing the rounds. Not all your mobile customers are receiving e mails or SMS messages and the messages seem to be different for some.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM