Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Discovery ID HD, except it's not HD

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted

Re: Discovery ID HD, except it's not HD

@Doug, there needs to be an agreement (contract) between us and the channel supplier in order for the channel to be aired in HD on our platform. We do however, pass on your suggestions to relevant departments.

Romance

Help me understand...

You've contracted channels from people you can't talk to? Smiley Surprised

From the relatively high quality of picture, it seems the source material may already be in HD or better. I thought MC could decide to pass it on by transmitting in HD? I don't know how the senario works?

Pace HDPVR 4 tuner, Samsung 65 UHD TV, Samsung J7500 BluRay, Denon X3200W AVR.

@Doug, we don't have internal communication or communication from the channel provider. We're thus not in a position to confirm if there's plans to change it to HD.

Romance

MC; may we have some feedback on the HD status of National Geographic channels please? If and/or when?

Romance

What about National Geographic and National Geographic Wild?

Maybe just me, but National Geographic Wild is one of the, if not the, most visually stunning content channels on TV and much of the content is filmed in UHD; Imax etc., and should be a priority for HD conversion; yet we have a plethora of undeserving channels in HD already and it stays SD. I find this astonishingly unbelievable. Smiley SadSmiley Frustrated

Doin' it 4 Tv

@ToiletDuck Please note that all Discovery channels will be HD as on the 21 May 2018.

I see there's an article on Thinus' blog too.

Looks like the replacement channel is coming June/July. Hopefully something "premium"

Doccie

Hi Krugie.

I got it from a tweet from Thinus.

HD awesomeness
Trending

@Biltongboer wrote:

Channels 135, 136 & 171 will all change to HD from Monday 21 May 2018.

Johann

Thanks Johann - where did you stumble onto this?

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Doccie

Channels 135, 136 & 171 will all change to HD from Monday 21 May 2018.

Johann

HD awesomeness