Downloadable Dish for May 2019?

SOLVED
37 REPLIES 37
Highlighted
Doccie

Re: Downloadable Dish for May 2019?

@Optimist wrote:

Sorry MC, but this really deserves a shared laugh...  :-/

This whole business world is getting more and more warped!

MC - best cust experience.jpg

(Finding that news section properly is quite hard now on the new, more useless home page, so here's a link to the article: https://www.dstv.co.za/whats-on/news/articles/multichoice-wins-best-customer-experience-award/ )

I bet they bought the award! It's the only explanation I can think of! Because they sure as hell did not earn it!

BoxOffice

@Genesistt wrote:

Can someone explain this need of big corporations to constantly fix something that weren't broken in the first place???  It never ends well!

It costs money to maintain service levels. If you stop delivering a service, then you no longer need to employ skills to deliver that service... saving on headcount and salaries.  They won't lose subscribers due to not delivering the online guide service (I think Smiley Happy) , so to them it's a win/win ... who cares what the customers think Man Mad

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Showmaxed

Sorry MC, but this really deserves a shared laugh...  :-/

This whole business world is getting more and more warped!

MC - best cust experience b.jpg

(Finding that news section properly is quite hard now on the new, more useless home page, so here's a link to the article: https://www.dstv.co.za/whats-on/news/articles/multichoice-wins-best-customer-experience-award/ )

Doccie

I found the suggestion pinned post and put forth my suggestion for a new section in the interactive app thing on the Explora decoder.  Now lets see if MC will actually be willing to take their users' attempts to find solutions to the problems they created on board.  Maybe even solve a problem they created. 

Can someone explain this need of big corporations to constantly fix something that weren't broken in the first place???  It never ends well!

Showmaxed

Agreed, unfortunately,

but here's your chance to be truly innovative again MC - come up with reasonable plans here, even if you have to say they're still in the decision stage...

And please include mentioning plans re the currently disasterous Online Guide(s).

Red Carpet

I'm afraid it is one of those many situations where they do not have an answer or they fully realise that the answer available will upset too many subscribers to publish it publicly. Rather sit back and hope the anger subsides as with many other unresolved/unanswered issues.

Slowly but surely the death hammer gets knocked in deeper and deeper. Yet they still wonder why premium subscriber numbers decline and still insist on wrongly blaming it on outside factors while 99% om the blame lies with them.

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Showmaxed

C'mon MC, you can't ignore the questions here, it's too important a subject!

Showmaxed

@Genesistt wrote:

Is there such a thing as a suggestion box on this community forum thing?  Not that I think management gives any notice to any of the suggestions we would give, but I would still like to at least know I tried.

We made one in the Explora section, which they kindly made into a sticky (they call it "pinned") - perhaps you want to make a general one somewhere that you consider suitable...

Doccie

@Optimist wrote:

@krugie wrote:

Still waiting for - and expecting - a reply from management as to how we are meant to find this missing information in future?

@Julia_DStv1  and @TebogoM_DStv1  and @Grace_DStv1  - please could you at least confirm that these questions have by now found their way to management, many thanks.

Is there such a thing as a suggestion box on this community forum thing?  Not that I think management gives any notice to any of the suggestions we would give, but I would still like to at least know I tried.

Showmaxed

@krugie wrote:

Still waiting for - and expecting - a reply from management as to how we are meant to find this missing information in future?

@Julia_DStv1  and @TebogoM_DStv1  and @Grace_DStv1  - please could you at least confirm that these questions have by now found their way to management, many thanks.