Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Dstv walka

SOLVED
New poster

Re: Dstv walka

I have just been told that they are cancelling all the transmitters and we need to bring the devices into multichoice to be thrown in the recycle bin!!!!

Doin' it 4 Tv

No further advance on this story or is that it? Unable to transfer to another owner and nothing more to be done about it?
100 000 Premium Subscribers either discontinued their service completely or downgraded to a lower package last year. At the barest minimum this comes to a LOSS of around R30 million. Feel free to double check my figure please. This already shows that customer dissatisfaction with MC is at a very high level and with this Walka type of attitude will just add to this dissatisfaction. May not on it's own cause people to cancel subscriptions but could be the one that causes people to say enough is enough and move on.

Instead of building bridges MC is breaking them down. Rapidly!!!!

Doin' it 4 Tv

I'm just shaking my head in total amazement at these answers from MC. They still provide the service, yet they refuse the disconnection/connection of a device to the service. Utter BS....

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Red Carpet

Agree Krugie, MCs excuses in this regard, as with the SD PVR are completely illogical and unacceptable.  It is long over due that someone actually takes them to task about their attitude towards their customers with older devices that still function.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Highlighted
Trending

I would contact the Consumer Protection Council. It is your right as a consumer to sell any working equipment you own to whoever you want. No one can stop me from selling and old TV or cellphone or any other property - no matter how old it is or whether there is support for it - why should this be any different. All the risk lies with the buyer who must be made aware that it is no longer supported - MC is not taking any responsibility whatsoever. I will still accept not being able to re-activate a dormant item but not this. You are not renting it from MC - you bought and own it.

If they won't let you sell it then charge them for the amount the other person is willing to pay. Smiley LOL

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Anime

What reasons? You gave one reason which doesn’t in any way make sense. How does the fact that the product has reached the end of its life stop you from linking the existing serial number to someone else’s account . I’m not asking to repair a broken walka or buy a new one. Then it would make sense. Just to link it to someone else’s account. Anyway it’s obvious MultiChoice won’t do it not that they can’t do. I don’t think you guys at MultiChoice have any idea about how much myself and most other South Africans are going to enjoy watching streaming services make all your products end of life.

@8tpg88, moving the device from your account to another person's account will be a change of ownership, which cannot be done due to reasons given previously. 

Anime

If it’s connected to my account and still working, why can’t you disconnect it from my account and connect it to someone else’s account and have it continue working?

Hi @8tpg88, the Walka is no longer in market circulation, just like the SD PVR decoder. It is for this reason that we no longer do a change of ownership on the mentioned devices.  

Anime

Dstv walka

Hi, I placed an add to sell a walka 7 And had a buyer . Now that I contacted dstv to remove the device from my account I was told that we had to do a transfer of ownership. We filled in the forms and the buyer took them to MultiChoice and was told they no longer do transfer of ownership on Walka 7s. Is this true? Surely if I’ve bought and paid for something that still works, I should be able to sell it to someone else and transfer it to their account? The lady at the call in centre seemed to think so. Please can I get an answer on this ?