Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Dstv walka

SOLVED
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Dstv walka

Nigeria Dstv Operators are really doing us evil, compare to other countries. DStv Mobile subscribers are encouraged to dispose Drifta and Walka devices at MultiChoice branches in Randburg, Durban and Cape Town or at DStv agencies where there are recycling bins.

Subscribers that are using and holding the Dstv walka in Nigeria are many and I don't why the company as a whole is so wasteful. Whatever you will give us that will never function and give us what we desire why did you manipulate us to buy it. With what Dstv did throughout the world it show they can't find solutions to whatever they might be facing. Call me and I will assist you on what you suppose to do on 08132343625. 

Nominee

Found the press release, but not easily...

https://www.dstv.com/en-za/news/dstv-mobile-service-coming-to-an-end-20180919?_ga=2.100445278.172845...

And the structure of these URL's are getting more ridiculous as we go - what on earth is all the rubbish involved with the webpage address MC??

Trending

I also still have a Walka - although a very old one which I haven't used it for ages - but it is still active. I received no notification either. It seems only people with insurance and people that were paying the R49 per month are being notified - everyone else still using theirs will have no idea what is happening at the end of the month and GUARANTEED the call centre will be flooded - so expect a press release and possible mass notification by 2 November!

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Red Carpet

I posted a question to MC about where we could read the full story but they never answered. Not everyone with mobile devices is getting notifications and those that do are not getting a consistent story either.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Romance

If it weren't for this forum, I wouldn't know anything about this.  It appears that some people have been informed by DStv about the service ending, but I'm not one of them.

Trending

@GeoffD wrote:

And I hear that the MC COO made a right fool of himself on radio 702.

Yup - I didn't listen to the interview but it is available at the bottom of the below link - I only read the article. Just a continuation of everything deteriorating... 

http://teeveetee.blogspot.com/2018/10/awful-interview-with-multichoice-coo.html

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Highlighted
Red Carpet

Old news. See at least two other threads discussing this mess on the forum.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

service is apparently being shut off.  Call centre know nothing about it.  News 24 says you should bring the device in to recycle.  Pathetic

Red Carpet

And I hear that the MC COO made a right fool of himself on radio 702.

Another one of my predictions has come true. When this service was first launched I predicted that MC would at some stage out of the blue just stop delivering.

New poster

just found this.... Called the call centre for an error and no one knew what was happening. 

DStv Mobile will be killed on 31 October 2018. In an announcement on satellite TV provider’s website, it claimed that running the service is no longer feasible.

DStv Mobile — used for receiving DStv packages on mobile devices like the Walka — has been around for eight years and runs on a digital video broadcasting format that the company believes is obsolete.

“Even better service can be offered to our customers on DStv Now via the internet and WiFi,” it admitted.

To compensate those who use the mobile service, DStv has already stopped billing customers for September, insurance included.

“This applies to customers who pay R49 per month for the service or who get the service included as part of their DStv Premium subscription,” it added.

DStv Mobile users will still be able to use DStv Now, which is free for select DStv subscribers. This includes its CatchUp TV download function.

The company also encourages customers to recycle their devices.

“We have recycling bins available at our branches in Randburg, Durban and Cape Town where you can drop off your device to recycle. You can also drop it off at any of our DStv agencies or recycle it through your local recycling centre,” it concluded.

found on MSN.....