Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

More HD migration

15 REPLIES
Doin' it 4 Tv

Re: More HD migration

That is indeed correct but we will communicate the dates as soon as their tech teams provide us with dates, will def keep you updated.

Doccie

SABC 1 and 3 going HD? Interesting...

BoxOffice

Watched the royal wedding in HD on ITV Choice.  What a treat that was sky news was just horrible  

--Explora 1 & 2a--
New poster

Now HD channels are at 38%, 62% to go!!!

Doin' it 4 Tv

@Toto It will all be a gradual process but in time we will get there, however priority now is more of SD migration to HD on all channels that are still SD. Looking at the migrations already having taken place thus far, you can sure expect that we will have more by the end of the year.

New poster

Maybe that's where the HDR comes in. To make a real difference between 4K and Full HD.

Doccie

I am quite sure SKY News HD is next in 3 months's time or so. I am not so sure 4K is that much better than FHD in comparison with how FHD is a lot better than SD so I am not even hoping for 4K anytime before 2022...

BoxOffice

@Toto wrote:

@krugie wrote:

Sky made quite a thing about the royal wedding being broadcast in 4K - yet we only got it in SD - not even HD. Still some way to go - but a baby step at least with CNN.

Dude we got it in HD on Itv choice and E Entertainment. I recorded both and it was stunning!

Yeah I know - I was referring to what we get in terms of SKY compared to the UK. Man LOL

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Doccie

@krugie wrote:

Sky made quite a thing about the royal wedding being broadcast in 4K - yet we only got it in SD - not even HD. Still some way to go - but a baby step at least with CNN.

Dude we got it in HD on Itv choice and E Entertainment. I recorded both and it was stunning!

BoxOffice

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Tags (4)