Did you mean: 
Need help?

Poor decoder weather reports

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Red Carpet

Re: Poor decoder weather reports

What is the "peoples weather website"?

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Showmaxed

In this respect I'm basically a stone's throw from central Jo'burg, sounds like a couple of unrelated excuses to me... as is too usual with MC & co.

I won't waste anyone's time further.

@Optimist - we received a response from the dept involved. This is what they had to say regarding the matter 'The weather information that’s on the Explora and on People’s Weather website is the same.

Note : The Explora has limited town weather updates within a province (e.g Randburg/Krugersdorp is not available).

Therefore if you are in a town that’s in Johannesburg  but not available on the weather channel then there will be a difference.

Showmaxed

Thanks Grace, and TIA. Wish there were more like you

Hi @Optimist - we're looking into this and we'll revert back soonest. 

Showmaxed

Poor decoder weather reports

Anyone in Jo'burg can confirm that this morning's minimum temperature is way below the 6 degrees on our Explora weather app. It's not due to wind which is low, and although humidity has been high that can't make up most of the difference. And yes, we all know it's not an exact science - that's not the concern here.

Another example - the app showed that yesterday was sunny, and continued to show that throughout the period despite most of the afternoon being overcast, which included some rainclouds... yet the app claims to be updated every few minutes  :-/

Please MC, have this dept. ensure that updates are actually done. There is credit for the fact that future predictions are often updated over the unfolding days, but not current weather <confused smiley> What gives??

@MC - Some feedback would be appreciated, TIA.

And, as usual, it must be pointed out that again MC are relying on their public to pick up obvious errors going on everywhere...