Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

SABC 1 & 3 now in HD

8 REPLIES 8
Doccie

Re: SABC 1 & 3 now in HD

I'm referring to eNCA, the 24hr New Channel, which is owned by eMedia Holdings, same company that owns eTV.

Red Carpet

@Sybawoods wrote:

Good to hear. I don't understand why E-News is not in HD, though, particularly since E-TV is in HD. What am I missing?

Not sure how you determined that the e-tv news is not in HD?

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Doccie

Good to hear. I don't understand why E-News is not in HD, though, particularly since E-TV is in HD. What am I missing?

Trending

@Toto wrote:

are you telling me that the SABC is still producing soapies in 4:3? 

That would be shocking but not impossible I guess! Maybe it's a transitioning to HD thing where they just need to get it right from a broadcast point of view... but then again, they have been widescreen for some time...

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Doccie

I hear you but are you telling me that the SABC is still producing soapies in 4:3? That's a disaster! I see some of their shows are already being recorded in full HD but anyway...E-TV isn't any better because their news studios are still SD. Shocker!

Trending

It comes with the territory - and the age of some of the content the SABC shows - unfortunately.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Doccie

Indeed most programming still not in HD and some not even in wide screen yet. Astonishing!

Trending

They did say not all programming will be HD though.. SABC2 will follow some time in July.

Doccie

SABC 1 & 3 now in HD

SABC 1 and 3 now in HD. Fantastic! I should now be tuning in on and off for some local content. 

SABC 1 broad