Need help?

Compact Plus 24

11 REPLIES

Re: Compact Plus 24

Only a pleasure. 

Trending

Thanks @Djtwista

Very confusing to add such somewhat abstract optional items to that list MC, and then uniquely name them nogal, hopefully not to be repeated...

Anime

Thank you Grace. DPP stands for decoder payment plan. So its basicly its compact plus. Plus your decoder's installment

Trending

Thanks for answering the thread @Grace_DStv1  , I had all but given up on you people this week...

But, what does "DPP" stand for?

I can't recall a previous mention of it, but maybe DStv Now related?

@Djtwista, DStv Compact Plus 24 is a DPP product, the channels are the same as DStv Compact Plus package. 

Anime

And now its gone.....

@Djtwista wrote:

Multichoice, can you please give us an update??

@Djtwista wrote:

Good day. I see on the dstv web site when i compare packages. There is a new package called Company Plus 24. Can someone please explain this package and what its contents will be?

Anime

Multichoice, can you please give us an update??

@Djtwista wrote:

Good day. I see on the dstv web site when i compare packages. There is a new package called Company Plus 24. Can someone please explain this package and what its contents will be?

Doccie

It will be just the same old same old:

Endless repeats of 10-20 year old shows.

Endless repeats of newer rubbishy cancelled shows.

No comedies, no dramas just action & detective shows, (non-fiction & fiction variety). And the same detective shows, like the NCIS franchise.

Everything below Premium is treated as an after thought or a repeat/binge service to Premium.

When new shows or seasons are aired they are showed 2-5 times a week as repeats even though they haven't been aired on the lower packages before.

Channels like Fox are airing shows 10 times a week.

Those of you that were always on MNet or DStv won't know this but there was a time that SABC did show some overseas shows (before the DStv/SABC merger) they showed a variety of shows and in a way that was watchable to their clients & they were watchable shows.   If the SABC had kept their act together with their programming & HD cross over, I would never have joined DStv.

Highlighted
BoxOffice

Interesting indeed being priced between Compact Plus and Premium. Preparing for the backlash when Premium subscription surpasses the R1,000 mark??

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Trending

The "24" can't mean 24 more channels than Compact Plus as that would be more channels than Premium then, but maybe it means 24 chs. more than Compact which would be 5 more than normal Compact Plus.

If so an odd name given how channels are added and subtracted through the years.

Or maybe it refers to 24 hours, that they will get closer to some Premium content but a day later?

Just guesses, don't take my or others' ramblings too seriously... ;-)

Either way, another silly new name IMO that's too easy to confuse with existing naming :-/