Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

DStv Premium is excellent value for money

Highlighted
Doccie

DStv Premium is excellent value for money

This is according to MC CEO quoted in an article for a website. He also said that the reason MC lost over 100 000+ Premium customers was because of Netflix. Nah bru shows how out of touch DSTV and MC is with the customers, I have both. 

The reason you are loosing Premium customers is simple:

• Poor scheduling
  • Lack of repeats
  • Limited Express from the US
  • Mnet Edge closing (now we understand why financially big chunk to loose out on monthly)
  • Fragmented Mnet channel branding (101 & 115)
  • Discontinue DSTV Magazine
  • Channels disappearing and replaced (if at all) with rubbish
  • MC not listening to customers
  • TV Guide complexities
  • Slow innovation with regards to Explora
  • Logo and on-screen disasters (TV ADS IN MOVIES!!)
  • Haphazard CU & CU+ implementation and speed issues (Ask Netflix for help)

Simple. #tvshouldbeFUN 

4 REPLIES
Telenovela

Re: DStv Premium is excellent value for money

@JacoHD wrote:

This is according to MC CEO quoted in an article for a website. He also said that the reason MC lost over 100 000+ Premium customers was because of Netflix. Nah bru shows how out of touch DSTV and MC is with the customers, I have both. 

The reason you are loosing Premium customers is simple:

• Poor scheduling
  • Lack of repeats
  • Limited Express from the US
  • Mnet Edge closing (now we understand why financially big chunk to loose out on monthly)
  • Fragmented Mnet channel branding (101 & 115)
  • Discontinue DSTV Magazine
  • Channels disappearing and replaced (if at all) with rubbish
  • MC not listening to customers
  • TV Guide complexities
  • Slow innovation with regards to Explora
  • Logo and on-screen disasters (TV ADS IN MOVIES!!)
  • Haphazard CU & CU+ implementation and speed issues (Ask Netflix for help)

Simple. #tvshouldbeFUN 

Agree.

Telenovela

And poor to no support for technical matters.

Soon we will be able to add:

This miserable failure of the DStv Now App.

The disasterous results of making the App stop working on older smart devices.

The introduction of a broken Community Forum.

The closure of the old forum before the new one actually works.

MC Management are living in a dream world.

I gave up my Premium service so long ago that I can't remember when it was. Soon I will be leaving the platform completely as soon as I have worked off a credit MC refuses to refund in cash.

Octo LNB - 2 x splitters - 2 x [2 x 6]MS's, powered by SD PVR PSU -  UEC 4T HD PVR and PACE 4T HDPVR
Telenovela

@JacoHD wrote:

shows how out of touch DSTV and MC is with the customers, I have both. 

I was just about to come and post exactly that after reading the article. He admits that premium subscribers are declining but boasts about subscriber gains for the Access package. R99 a month subscriptions are not going to carry them through the current mess. Once those people realise they can get Netflix - offering much more - for about the same price they will also be packing.

It is clear that they see no reason to make any changes whatsoever to their satellite offering - all they will be doing is launching their own online streaming version of DSTV leading to even more neglect of satellite subscribers. This is not going to end well for them. For online-only subscribers it will be even easier to switch over to competition - not having invested in an expesive satellite setup.

Although DStv lost thousands of Premium subscribers last year, Mawela said they are not looking at changing their package structures. They are also not considering pay-per-view sports fees or the ability to customise your package and choose your own channels.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora1 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Telenovela

Wow. Now that's a very well written article there @JacoHD couldn't have put it better myself 

--(Explora 1)--