Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

DStv Premium price unchanged for 2019

14 REPLIES 14
BoxOffice

Re: DStv Premium price unchanged for 2019

Making sense of a DSTV Xtraview invoice isn't that easy Smiley Happy Chuck in a couple of movies and DCC in there  and it gets "real* messy Smiley Very Happy

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Action

Mine's slightly different, but amounts to the same thing (although I had the two separate entries in January):

2019-02-25 01:34 PMR99 Showmax with Premium discount:R 0,0

BoxOffice

My Showmax billing....

2019-02-26 03:07 PMShowmax SubscriptionR 99,0

2019-02-26 03:07 PM    DStv Bundle Discount    R -99,0

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Showmaxed

At times the double posting is quite a few minutes apart, so it then seems to be deliberate. Similar to those posting the same thing in more than one place.

Maybe the OP can post a copy of that invoice (with personal details blanked out).

I think we were told that Photos restrictions were lifted for all, but in case not it may be better to use the paper clip attachment ("Browse" button under the posting box).

Red Carpet

The double posting thing is not deliberate ---- it an offshoot of this badly supported community platform. I have the problem quite often, but I delete the double post.

Something could be as simple as a badly loaded debit order R899 versus R998 ??

Either way, after announcing no price increase and then having this happen is not on.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Action

I've been using Showmax and I was debited the same amount for March as I was for February, so it looks as though Showmax is still free for Premium subscribers.  Although it's entirely possible that some glitch may have occurred and people have been charged when they shouldn't have been.

Showmaxed

Netflix - the S.A. service offers much less Hollywood type content than DStv, and most people here know that.

But yes, things are changing more and more.

(For anyone thinking of discussing any illegal or anti-copyright "options";

MC are contractually obliged by the studios etc. to prosecute individuals making such efforts, and have done so in the past, sometimes leading to imprisonment.)

Highlighted
Showmaxed

Why are so many people posting things twice these days? Seems to be the new way of doing things, but it doesn't help anyone and just irritates.

I've checked dstv.com , can't find any announcements there.

BTW MC, the website's fresh new look isn't bad, but...

1. The top being blank until you scroll down is confusing.

2. Viewing interest lists dominating the site  - I can understand why MC are doing that, but it's likely impractical and overbearing for most users.

3. It's horribly long to initially load, at least on older computers with basic broadband. (And so was the "newer" Customer Service section when last tried a few months ago.)

Just opinions - use it or don't.

Back to the subject;

A Mod did give us feedback a while ago that Showmax was going to remain free with Premium for at least a fair while longer, beyond this period certainly.

@Cya_DStv1  , are you still part of the forum? Was that info you got for us official?

If no answer from any Mod by tomorrow, it's unfortunately the same non-involvement as what's happening with most threads here these days and you'll have to enquire elsewhere.

If you do and get a response, please come back and let us know what you found out. TIA

Viewer

I just received my billing for the month and there has been an increase in the price for DSTV Premium.

I used to pay R899 and now I have noted that I have just been invoiced for R998.

I have sent DSTV help an email to query this as it looks like they are now charging for Showmax separately, however I have not seen any warnings of this.

Based on this will determine whether I cancel my subscription and move to Netflix rather than supporting Multichoice/DSTV.

The only way I think that Multichoice will learn is to vote with our subscriptions and move away from them to a competitor service.

It appears they are not listening to consumers.

Viewer

I just received my billing for the month and there has been an increase in the price for DSTV Premium.

I used to pay R899 and now I have noted that I have just been invoiced for R998.

I have sent DSTV help an email to query this as it looks like they are now charging for Showmax separately, however I have not seen any warnings of this.

Based on this will determine whether I cancel my subscription and move to Netflix rather than supporting Multichoice/DSTV.

The only way I think that Multichoice will learn is to vote with our subscriptions and move away from them to a competitor service.

It appears they are not listening to consumers.