Need help?

Fees on statement

SOLVED
5 REPLIES
BoxOffice

Re: Fees on statement

@Uel_M wrote:

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for the reply. Yeah we got a 2-year-Explora-deal over 2 years ago and I think the insurance was part of it. Do you think we need that insurance if we've already got household insurance?

I personally don't think the insurance is worth having. BUT  it does mean that MC will swop out the decoder whenever it goes faulty after the warranty expires.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Doccie

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for the reply. Yeah we got a 2-year-Explora-deal over 2 years ago and I think the insurance was part of it. Do you think we need that insurance if we've already got household insurance?

| Windows 10 - Chrome Browser | Afrihost 8Mbps Capped ADSL | Explora |

BoxOffice

The access fee is what was known in the past as the PVR Access fee. It is charged once only per month, and covers the use of the PVR facility on all PVR decoders as well as Xtraview/Uniview .

The DCC fee is the insurance on your decoder/s. Presumably you signed up for this?

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Doccie

Thanks so much Smiley Happy

So Access Fees, if I only have 1 tv/decoder, is just an additional fee for me to use all the functionality already inside my Explora? hmmm

Have a great weekend, Krugie.

BoxOffice

Access Fee is charged to everyone with a PVR to access the  PVR functionality (and if you have Xtraview (i.e. a 2nd decoder) it ill also cover that). Without the Access Fee you are not able to record, pause, rewind etc. It is basically just something MC came up with in order to be able to charge more... Man LOL

With Xtraview I think then you will still be charged separately for it though and it will immediately be credited again.

The last item would be because you have chosen to take out insurance on your decoder through DSTV.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Highlighted
Doccie

Fees on statement

Hi there,

Not sure if this is the right section to post this...

On my monthly statement I get charged:

Dstv Premium Subscription

Access Fee

Device Care Contract Insurance Premium

Could someone please breakdown what the last 2 items are?

Many thanks